The gang is visiting Grizzly Gulch, a ghost town. They meet Tillie the burro, and her owner, Salty Smith, who claims to have found the first gold in town over 150 years ago. He got lost in a snow storm, and can no longer find the gold mine. Scooby and Tillie bring pieces of gold over and a sign leading to the gold mine, which the the gang and Salty follow, only to discover there's dozens of entries, and with no sign to point out the correct route, they are back to square one. The gang try to help Salty anyway and split up. Fred and Daphne go to one of the openings and get scared away by a ghost accusing them of being claimjumpers. Salty and Tillie aren't that surprised as they're actually ghosts, themselves. The gang speed away, leaving behind the gold, because they're all too scared to go back.
- Salty Smith (single appearance)(ghost)
- Gold prospector (single appearance)(ghost)
- Tillie (single appearance)(no lines)(ghost)
- While not explicit, the cause of Salty and Tillie's deaths may have been due to getting stuck in the snow storm.
- None known.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goof/oddities
- When Salty says, "What is it, li'l lady! I won't tell anyone...I won't tell a soul?", the punctuation marks have been mixed up, or at least it shouldn't have ended with a question mark.
- ↑ Punctuation marks have been switched for better grammar.