|This needs a stretch.|
Insert details here.
- Butler (single appearance)
- Ghost of Redbeard (single appearance)(C.L. Magnus' disguise)
- C.L. Magnus (single appearance)
- Ghost of Redbeard's crew (single appearance)(no lines)
- Radio announcer (only time heard)
- Velma's parents (first time mentioned in comics)
- Gang's lemonade
- Shaggy's skyscraper sandwich
- Velma's hand radio
- Dry ice
|Butler||Spooky manner. As his boss spoke with the kids, he creepily spied on them from behind a curtain.|
| C.L. Magnus as Ghost of Redbeard|
Hired henchmen as Redbeard's crew
|Hijacking his own ships to pay off gambling debts.|
- This story is an adaptation of Go Away Ghost Ship, from the original Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! TV series. The following changes have been made:
- The beginning of the episode had a captain spot Redbeard, and then have the gang hear about the missing freighters in the newspapers. This was replaced with the skyscaper sandwich joke, and hearing about the news on the radio.
- Fred knows where C.L. Magnus lives, because he made a special delivery there, while he worked at the post office the previous summer.
- The apartment building Mr. Magnus's penthouse is on top of, is called Upthrust Arms.
- After talking to Mr. Magnus, the case continues the next night, where as in the episode, it was the same night.
- Velma thinks she's been shot, and says a big goodbye, including trying to asking Fred and Daphne to tell her parents she loves them.
- Redbeard is dressed in blue, and has a white beard, although it's brown in the picture.
- Skull Island isn't referred to be name, Shaggy just describes it as being skull-ish looking.
- Magnus was doing it to pay off gambling debts, where as in the cartoon, he was just doing it for the insurance.
- The major twist at the end, is that the butler is really an insurance agent, which replaces the coast guard appearing.
- Disguises: Velma and Shaggy as room service.
- None known.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- Somehow the radio announcer can talk back to Shaggy.
Butler: Alright, I'll take over now.