|This needs a stretch.|
The Hairy Scare of the Devil Bear is the eighth episode of the half-hour original, Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo.
The gang meet up with an archaeologist, Prof. Jeff Carver, and his assistant, Chuck Hunt, while on vacation in the Grand Canyon. They have discovered a city in the cliffs that seems to be haunted by the Devil Bear.
Insert details here.
- Ranger Brantly (single appearance)
- Professor Jeff Carver (single appearance)
- Mr. McGee (single appearance)
- Female archaeologist (single appearance)
|Ranger Brantly||He warned all to leave the cliff dwellings.|
|Mr. McGee||The gang found an old umbrella at the cliff dwellings that belongs to him.|
|Chuck Hunt as the Devil Bear||To keep a treasure he found.|
- Shaggy has a cowards handbook.
- Mystery Inc. visits an Indian cliffdwelling for the third time; the previous time was in the The Scooby-Doo Show episode, A Bum Steer For Scooby.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- Scrappy's eyes are brown for some shots after the Devil Bear disappears from threatening Shaggy.
- Towards the end of the episode, Scooby's lower jaw is missing.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- At the beginning of the episode, the female archaeologist calls the bear a "Demon Bear", after that, it is always referred to as the Devil Bear.
- Velma states that bears only have four claws, this is untrue. Bears have five nonretractible claws.
In other languages
|Greek||Η Διαβολική Αρκούδα||The Diabolical Bear|
- Scooby-Doo, Volume 1 VHS released by Kids Klassics in 1986.
- Scooby-Doo! and Scrappy-Doo!: The Complete Season 1 DVD set released by Warner Home Video on April 28, 2015.
|Previous episode:||Series:||Next episode:|
|The Demon of the Dugout|| Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo (first series)|
List of episodes
|Twenty Thousand Screams Under the Sea|