|This needs a stretch.|
The kids come across a message and a key in a chocolate bar belonging to the Sugarplum Candy Factory, owned by "Mama" Cass Elliot. When her watchman comes up missing and Green Glob Ghosts are on the loose, the kids find a ton of mysteries.
Insert details here.
- Mystery Inc.
- Cass Elliot (single appearance)
Monsters and other villains:
- Green Globs (single appearance)(disguise)/
Food and drinks:
|Mr. Crink||Warned the gang to leave the candy factory before it's too late.|
| Mr. Crink and Sterling Smith as the Green Globs|
(Sterling was also disguised as Mr. Franklin to hide his identity.)
|To smuggle gold bars out of the country.|
|Don Messick|| Scooby-Doo|
|Casey Kasem||Shaggy Rogers|
|Frank Welker||Fred Jones|
|Heather North||Daphne Blake|
|Nicole Jaffe||Velma Dinkley|
|John Stephenson|| Mr. Crink|
- This is both the penultimate episode of season two and of the series.
- This episode is filled with jokes (some self-deprecating) about Cass Elliot's weight, which she struggled with throughout her career.
- Cass Elliot passed away on July 24, 1974, about a year after this episode aired making her the first real-life celebrity guest star on the series to pass away. Her extremely weight loss measures (fasting) may have led to her death at age 32.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- When the group is caught in the taffy, Shaggy speaks with Fred's voice.
- When Cass's dinner first arrived, there was no chocolate syrup on it, but later, it has chocolate syrup.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- When Velma looks at the Rio de Janeiro address on a box of chocolate bars, it reads "13 Avenida del Sur", which is Spanish for "13 South Avenue", however Portuguese is spoken and used in Brazil. The correct spelling of the address would be "13 Avenida Sul".
- It wasn't explained how Scooby got caught in the purple taffy. In one scene, he's free and then he's caught in the next.
- Wouldn't the gold hidden in the chocolate bars lose value? The villains would have to find a way to extract the gold dust from the chocolate bars.
- Wouldn't the whipped cream, which contains dairy, go sour when it mixes with the citrus acid of the grapefruit?
In other languages
|Greek||Το Στοιχειωμένο Εργοστάσιο Γλυκών||The Haunted Candy Factory|
|Spanish||La Fábrica de Dulces Encantada||The Haunted Candy Factory|
|Previous episode:||Series:||Next episode:|
|The Weird Winds of Winona|| The New Scooby-Doo Movies|
|The Haunted Carnival|