|What's missing, Scoobypedia?|
The kids come across a message and a key in a chocolate bar belonging to the Sugarplum Candy Factory, owned by "Mama" Cass Elliot. When her watchman comes up missing and Green Glob Ghosts are on the loose, the kids find a ton of mysteries.
The gang find themselves in a what they think is an empty candy factory, outside of the night watchman Mr. Franklin. They meet the owner, "Mama" Cass Elliot, and they can pick a grinding sound coming from a top part of the factory. They find empty gold sacks and a grinder which was making the sound. As they start looking for where the ground-up gold is hidden.
While looking they get hit by Green Globs, which try to stop them, with taffy, which they try to get off themselves by splitting up which just makes it worse. They try one more time, and Cass and two other end up in a vat of what they think is water but ends up being rock candy, which hardens so as one of them falls the coat cracks off so other other tries and they are free.
Note: this synopsis is incomplete.
Cast and characters
|Don Messick|| Scooby-Doo|
|Casey Kasem||Shaggy Rogers|
|Frank Welker||Fred Jones|
|Heather North||Daphne Blake|
|Nicole Jaffe||Velma Dinkley|
|John Stephenson|| Mr. Crink|
- Green Globs/Mr. Crink and Sterling Smith
|Mr. Crink||Warned the gang to leave the candy factory before it's too late.|
| Mr. Crink and Sterling Smith as the Green Globs|
(Sterling was also disguised as Mr. Franklin to hide his identity.)
|To smuggle gold bars out of the country.|
- This is both the penultimate episode of season two and of the series.
- This episode is filled with jokes (some self-deprecating) about Cass Elliot's weight, which she struggled with throughout her career.
- Cass Elliot passed away on July 24, 1974 about a year after this episode aired making her the first real-life celebrity guest star on the series to pass away. Her extremely weight loss measures (fasting) may have led to her death at age 32.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- When the group is caught in the taffy, Shaggy speaks with Fred's voice.
- When Cass's dinner first arrived, there was no chocolate syrup on it, but later, it has chocolate syrup.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- When Velma looks at the Rio de Janeiro address on a box of chocolate bars it reads "13 Avenida del Sur" which is Spanish for "13 South Avenue" however Portuguese is spoken and used in Brazil. The correct spelling of the address would be "13 Avenida Sul".
- It was never explained how Scooby got caught in the purple taffy. In one scene, he's free and then he's caught in the next.
- Wouldn't the gold hidden in the chocolate bars lose value? The villains would have to find a way to extract the gold dust from the chocolate bars.
- Wouldn't the whipped cream, which contains dairy, go sour when it mixes with the citrus acid of the grapefruit?
In other languages
|Greek||Το Στοιχειωμένο Εργοστάσιο Γλυκών||The Haunted Candy Factory|
|Spanish||La Fábrica de Dulces Encantada||The Haunted Candy Factory|
- The Best of The New Scooby-Doo Movies DVD set released March 22, 2005.
The Weird Winds of Winona
The Haunted Carnival