|This needs a stretch.|
With the help of Josie and the Pussycats, the gang tried to fix up the run down showboat so it can open for business. But when Injun Joe tries to scare them away, the kids try to solve the mystery on the Mississippi.
Insert details here.
Cast and characters
- Ghost of Captain Scavenger/Jack Canna
- Ghost of Injun Joe/unnamed accomplice
|Captain Cannaby||He is in denial that there are ghosts on his ship.|
|Johnny Briggs||He might have faked being kidnapped.|
|Lance Goodwin||He wanted to own the Dixie Queen.|
| Jack Canna as Captain Cannaby and the Ghost of Captain Scavenger|
His partner as the Ghost of Injun Joe
|To cover up a counterfeiting operation.|
- While Josie and the Pussycats main animated series ended on December 23, 1972, they continiued on in Josie and the Pussycats in Outer Space which lasted until January 26, 1974. Early production art for Hanna-Barbera's 1977 "all-star" Battle of The Networks spoof Laff-A-Lympics featured Alexandra, Sebastian, Alexander, and Melody among other Hanna-Barbera characters as members of the "Scooby Doobies" team, but legal problems prevented their inclusion in the final program.
- Despite being well-known for musical numbers on their own series, Josie and the Pussycats do not perform any songs (though they do appear playing their instruments in their cat costumes at the very end of the episode) nor does this episode include chase music.
- Daphne states that they are in "Mark Twain" country, which gives a hint to this episode's setting. In The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, the title character lives in the town of St. Petersburg, Missouri which is fictional but based on Mark Twain's own hometown Hannibal, Missouri.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- In one brief moment, Alan talks with Alexander's voice while Alexandra's lips move as well but without any dialogue.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- The group talks as though the events in Mark Twain's book actually happened. Why would there be a ghost of Injun Joe if he was a fictional character?
The Mystery of Haunted Island
Mystery in Persia