- This article is about the episode. For the monsters in this episode, see Horrible Herd.
|This needs a stretch. (Feel to remove when satisfied of completion.)|
|A haunting need for images|
Needed: Main Image
Insert details here.
Cast and characters
|Frank Welker|| Scooby-Doo|
Fred Jones, Jr.
|Matthew Lillard||Shaggy Rogers|
|Grey DeLisle|| Daphne Blake|
Miss Vampire Waitress
|Mindy Cohn||Velma Dinkley|
|Lewis Black||Mr. E|
|Tia Carrere|| Judy Reeves|
Sullen female farmer
|Kate Higgins|| Mayor Janet Nettles|
Martha (credited as "Farmer's wife")
|Udo Kier||Professor Pericles|
|Tim Matheson|| Brad Chiles|
|Patrick Warburton||Sheriff Bronson Stone|
|Mitch Watson|| Farmer|
- Horrible Herd
- Professor Pericles
- Mr. E
- Brad Chiles
- Judy Reeves
|Professor Pericles bred a genetically-modified cow-piranha-bee hybrid animal||To destroy Crystal Cove, which would leave the gang with no place to hide and therefore he would be able to get the Planispheric Disk.|
- Crystal Cove
- The gang found the old gun at the end of the previous episode.
- Scooby holds a grudge against the farmer who kept him locked up in his farm which he escaped in The Night the Clown Cried.
- Pericles doesn't explicitly say he killed either Ed Machine or Cassidy Williams, but he does strongly imply it; this is the first mention of Ed since he last appeared in All Fear the Freak.
- Sheriff Stone actually remembers Mayor Nettles's first name although his fixation on her role makes him call her "Janet Mayor Nettles".
- Mayor Nettles and Sheriff Stone kiss in this episode.
- Hot Dog Water left a backdoor into Destroido's computers when she stole the pieces of the Planispheric Disk from its vault which happened in Wrath of the Krampus.
- Professor Pericles announces the "previously on..." recap for this episode. This is the first time a guest character has done this instead of a member of the gang.
- A rift between Mr. E and Professor Pericles forms after the latter spent a huge amount Destroido Corp.'s funds and losing its best scientists just to create the Horrible Herd.
- Nova losing Scooby's grip and falling into the skull cattle's stampede is reminiscent of when Mufasa was thrown off a cliff by his brother Scar and was mortally wounded from falling through the wildebeest's stampede in the Disney film The Lion King.
- The Queen Skull Cow's crested head, her initial appearance attached to a giant egg sac, and her ripping free to chase the heroes after they attack her eggs is a reference to the Xenomorph Queen in Aliens.
- Brad and Judy have become completely obedient to Pericles and his highly devious plans to destroy Crystal Cove to get the Planispheric Disk, even endangering their own son, and their former dog who's badly wounded by falling out the mayor's helicopter.
- This is the first episode in which the deputy speaks.
- Pericles can form his wings into hands.
- Mayor Nettles served time in the Air Force.
- A villain's scheme involving a mutated herd of cattle also occurred in the Shaggy & Scooby-Doo Get A Clue! episode, Scooby Dudes.
- Daphne states that the Horrible Herd functions like normal bees, but all of the cows are referred to as male drones by Pericles. In real life, the majority of bees in a hive are female, with the males' only purpose being to mate and die.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- The farmer says they have not had cattle in 25 years, but in The Night the Clown Cried, Scooby talked to a cow in the barn.
- City Hall appears undamaged, although in the previous episode, it was burned.
In other languages
|Italian||Caccia Alla Regina||Queen's Hunt|
|Spanish (Latin America)||La Manada del Horror||The Herd of Horror|
|French||La Horde de L'enfer||The Hordes of Hell|
|Greek||Το Καταραμένο Κοπάδι||The Cursed Herd|
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: Season Two, Part 2 - Spooky Stampede DVD set released by Warner Home Video on June 18, 2013.
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: The Complete Season 2 DVD set released by Warner Home Video on October 7, 2014.
- Scooby-Doo! Mystères associés: L'intégrale de la saison 2 (Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: The entirety of season 2) DVD set released by Warner Home Video on September 10, 2013.