The Incredible Cat Lady Caper is the first part of the eleventh episode of The Scooby & Scrappy Doo Puppy Hour.
The Cat Lady Burglar has been stealing from jewelry shops in a certain pattern, and she is set to strike next, the jewelry shop right above The Fearless Detective Agency. Can the guys stop her, or will she and her "pets" make off with the goods?
The Cat Lady strikes again, using her assortment of cats, big and small to help her rob jewelry stores. Scooby and the gang, at Uncle Fearless's, trace the pattern of her burglaries, which outlines a cat's head. One eye is missing, which is the Hoffman Jewelers, located directly above the detective agency. Afraid, Scooby goes to pull the shade down, and ends up pulling the lion's tail; the crime already in progress!
They confront the Cat Lady, and she sics her "scraggly alley cat" on them. Scooby tussles with it in a trash can and loses, and the Cat Lady takes off in a helicopter. The gang grabs on to it and is transported to a tree near her hideout. They are attacked by a black panther on a limb, and escape by jumping into the upper window. There they see that she controls the cats with a hypnotic bracelet.
Shaggy devises a plan to take the bracelet and gain control of the cats. First, he lures the lion away by snatching away his steak with fishing line. When the lion comes after the steak Scrappy puts a lampshade on its head and ties the lion up.
The second part of the plan is "very dangerous, and requires a large dog". Calling "Ruppy rower!", Scooby tries to volunteer Scrappy by stretching him into a tall size, but is nevertheless disguised as the lion. He manages to get the bracelet off the Cat Lady's wrist, but she grabs the phony lion's tail tassel, gets wise and sics the little cat on Scooby, and the black panther on Shaggy and Scrappy.
Scooby leads the little cat under a rug, and traps it in a vacuum cleaner, then goes to help the others. In the kitchen, they find sacks of dry milk and create a flood of milk. Scrappy has the bracelet again and calls the cats who now lick the Cat Lady, who is covered in milk. Scooby shouts "Scooby Dooby ROWR!"
- Cat Lady Burglar (single appearance)
- Lion (single appearance)
- Panther (single appearance)
- Alley cats (single appearance)
- Fearless Detective Agency
- Cat Lady Burglar's Mansion
- Cat Lady Burglar's helicopter
|Don Messick|| Scooby-Doo|
|Casey Kasem||Shaggy Rogers|
- This is the only episode where Scooby volunteered Scrappy to do something dangerous, as he normally keeps him from danger.
- Scrappy is heard crying "help!" along with Shaggy when confronted by the black panther. This is the very first time he would show such a sign of weakness. He also cries "help" in the Yabba episode, Tragic Magic. Scrappy is getting a lot less aggressive, and will even start backing down a few times in following seasons.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- When the vacuum cleaner sucks the alley cat, it turns from light brown to black.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- None known.