|This needs a stretch. (Feel to remove when satisfied of completion.)|
Needed: Synopsis is incomplete
A teenager named Randy steps out the front door, ready to go to prom. His mother takes a bunch of pictures of him (much to his annoyance). He goes to the limosine parked in front of his house and gets in. His date is revealed to be a purple-eyed blonde girl wearing a green and aqua gown. She thanks him for taking her to the prom; this is her first time and gets all flirty (snuggling up against him). Then, she pulls off her beautiful face, revealing a ghostly one underneath. She cackles, then Randy screams.
Later on, a mysterious girl arrives at the high school as a transfer student. She quickly displays an interest in Fred, to the annoyance of Daphne. Daphne quickly becomes suspicious and starts to investigate Alice May. It seems Daphne is just being paranoid, but her suspicions are vindicated when she discovers that the home address the school has on file for Alice May is the graveyard where Mr. Carlswell (a.k.a the Creeper) is buried. While investigating, the gang are attacked by the Ghost Girl.
The gang then devises a trap for her. Fred goes to the prom as bait, and the gang springs a trap for the Ghost Girl. The Ghost Girl is revealed to be Alice May, who claims she did it as revenge for her father, Deacon Carlswell. She's then taken to jail by the Sheriff. However, Ed Machine breaks her out of jail soon afterwards.
- Ghost Girl (single appearance)(Alice May's disguise)
- Alice May (first appearance)
- Ed Machine (first appearance)
- Creeper (single appearance)(no lines)(disguise)(flashback only)/
- Deacon Carlswell (single appearance)(no lines)(flashback only)
- Randy (single appearance)
- Randy's dad (single appearance)
- Randy's mom (first appearance)
- Vincent Van Ghoul (first appearance)(TV or computer screen)(cameo)
- Pig monster (single appearance)(no lines)(TV or computer screen)
- Dale Dinkley (no lines)
- Angie Dinkley (no lines)
- Delilah Blake
- Crystal Cove
- The Mystery Machine
|Alice May||Apart from being jealous, Daphne did catch her sneaking around in the school basement.|
|Alice May as the Ghost Girl||Hired by Mr. E to get an old yearbook to the gang in an elaborate scheme.|
- Daphne wants to research on the missing kids from the Crystal Cove Caves who they found out about in Revenge of the Man Crab; they find out they're a mystery solving club at Crystal Cove High called Mystery Incorporated (inspiring the gang's own name in Battle of the Humungonauts).
- Daphne has a picture of Brad Chiles and Judy Reeves in the the latter's locket she found in the first episode.
- The backstory of Alice May is adapted from the original Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! episode, Jeepers, It's The Creeper, with a few differences:
- Randy and his parents are based the Foremans of That '70s Show.
- Alice looks very similar in design to Gwen Stacy from the Spider-Man comics, who like Alice had blonde hair, and often was known for dressing with a black hair band, a pink mini-skirt, green and black striped top.
- Two of the dancers at the prom look like members of Hanna-Barbera's The Impossibles in civilian clothes: Coilman (short, tubby, with blond Beatle-cut hair) and Multiman (tall, with a mop of orange hair covering his eyes).
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- None known.
Inconstitencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- Alice May and the gang are supposed to be the same age yet in her flashbacks to when she watched her father get taken away, she appears to be a small child when the gang were still teenagers when they caught him; two scenes that are presumably not that far apart. (This is a clue the flashback is a lie).
- In the original Jeepers, It's The Creeper, the Creeper was trapped in the second hay bale that was ejected from the machine (after Shaggy). However, the flashback in this episode shows the Creeper being in the last hay bale ejected from the machine (after the rest of the gang).
In other languages
|Spanish||La Leyenda de Alice May||The Legend of Alice May|
|French||La Légende d'Alice May|
|Portuguese||A Lenda de Alice May|
|Hungarian||Alice May Legendája|
|Greek||Ο Θρύλος της Άλις Μέι|
|Polish||Legenda Alicji Maj|
|Italy||Il Ballo Stregato||The Haunted Prom|
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: Season One, Volume 2 DVD released by Warner Home Video on May 10, 2011.
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: The Complete Season 1 DVD set released by Warner Home Video on October 8, 2013.
- Scooby-Doo! Mystères associés: L'intégrale de la saison 1 (Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: The entirety of season 1) DVD set released by Warner Home Video on October 3, 2012.
|Previous episode:||Series:||Next episode:|
|The Song of Mystery|| Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated|
|In Fear of the Phantom|