|What's missing, Scoobypedia?|
On a trip to Shaggy's Uncle Nathaniel, the kids and the Harlem Globetrotters must again solve a mystery involving three ghosts who are trying to keep them away from a bay that contains a sunken ship filled with treasure.
Insert details here.
Cast and characters
- Ghost of Paul Revere/Morgan
- Minuteman Ghost/Winslow
- Redcoat Ghost/Selby
|Morgan, Winslow and Selby||They not wanted to rent a boat to the gang. They wanted that nobody snoop around.|
| Morgan as the Ghost of Paul Revere|
Winslow as the Minuteman Ghost
Selby as the Redcoat Ghost
|To keep what they thought was a treasure chest for themselves.|
- This is the first season finale of The New Scooby-Doo Movies.
- This is the second of three appearances of the Harlem Globetrotters after The Ghostly Creep from the Deep; their third and final appearance is in the next episode.
- Despite this episode's title, it did not take place anywhere near Loch Ness (or Europe for that matter). The episode A Highland Fling With a Monstrous Thing and the movie Scooby-Doo! And The Loch Ness Monster do take place there.
- Fred states that no one has ever photographed the Loch Ness Monster but at the time this episode aired (1972), there were two alleged photos of the monster: Hugh Gray's photograph taken in 1933, and the famous Surgeon's Photograph of 1934 which depicted the creature as a long-necked plesiosaur. The latter was revealed to be hoax in the 1975. So Fred is partially correct, no legitimate photograph exists.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- As the gang and the Globetrotters start to drive off to Uncle Nat's house the Globetrotters' dog appears briefly, but since he doesn't appear again it's more than likely an animation mistake. Their bus driver, Granny was also briefly seen.
- Twice Meadowlark has a mustache.
- When Selby first appeared as himself, he was quite fat. But when he was unmasked, he was much thinner.
- When the sea serpent tries to swap the boat (near the end of the episode) the second time, Scooby disappears for two seconds from the boat (in the air), and as the boat falls down to the surface of the water, Scooby re-appears. But when the boat splashes, Scooby's place is hidden by the water, and he suddenly appears on the sea serpent.
- Also, while Fred and Shaggy were rowing in the back seats, and Meadowlark and Curly in the front, when Shaggy says that the sea serpent got Scooby, their places are switched.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- Shaggy, Scooby, Meadowlark, and Curly thought that the Minuteman was a real ghost because the heavy ball went through him, but if one looks closely, the ball went between his legs inside going through him.
- When the ghosts chase Daphne, Velma and the Globetrotters into the abandoned cabin, the group manages to escape when one of the Globetrotters dons a bear skin rug. However, the ghosts shut the door after and exclaim "there's no escape". The ghosts technically shut themselves inside the cabin while the group had already escaped. The scene may have been intended to come after the group runs into the cabin.
In other languages
|Greek||Το Μπλέξιμο του Λοκ-Νες||The Loch Ness Mess|
- Scooby-Doo! Meets the Harlem Globetrotters VHS.
- Scooby-Doo! Meets the Harlem Globetrotters DVD.
- The Best of The New Scooby-Doo Movies DVD set released March 22, 2005.
- Scooby-Doo! and the Skeletons DVD released June 26, 2012. The episode doesn't actually have anything to do with skeletons.
The Caped Crusader Caper
The Mystery of Haunted Island