|This needs a stretch.|
|A haunting need for images|
Needed: Main image.
Insert details here.
- Mystery Inc.
- Harlem Globetrotters (final appearance)
- Hooded Ghosts (single appearance)(disguise)/
- The Mystery Machine
|The owner, coach, and trainer of the Scorpions, as the Hooded Ghosts||To prevent the Harlem Globetrotters from getting a good night's sleep, so that they would lose.|
The following credits are how they are seen on-screen (or as close as possible).
- Produced and directed by: William Hanna and Joseph Barbera
- Story: Jack Mendelsohn, Tom Dagenais, Norman Maurer, Larz Bourne, Woody Kling, Sid Morse
- Story direction: Jean Blanchard, Bob Dranko, Jay Sarbry, Ron Campbell, Vev Risto, Howard Swift, Ernie Terrazas
- Associate producers: Alex Lovy, Zoran Janjic
- Voices: Nicole Jaffe, Don Messick, Casey Kasem, Heather North, Franklin Welker
- Voices: Sherry Alberoni, Mike Bell, Joe Besser, Benjamin Crothers, Jerry Dexter, Robert Do Qui, Richard Elkins, Jamie Farr, Stu Gilliam, Arlene Golon, Mark Hamill, Bob Hastings, Jackie Joseph, Phil Luther, Julia McWhirter, Alan Oppenheimer, Barbara Pariot, John Stephenson, Janet Waldo, Jonathan Walmsley, Johnny Williams
- Musical director: Hoyt Curtin
- Musical direction: Paul DeKorte
- Animation director: Peter Luschwitz
- Production design: Iwao Takamoto
- Production co-ordinator: Kirsten Hansen
- Animation checking: Narelle Nixon, Louise Luschwitz, Carmel Lennon, Jolanta Pillich, Kay Self
- Layout: Milton Fredlund, Chebby Badham, Andrea Bresciani, Sebastian Hurpia, Stephen Lumley, David Skinner
- Animation: Stuart Barry, Susan Bleak, John Boersema, Andrea Bresciani, John Burge, Gairden Cooke, Chris Cuddington, Warwick Gilbert, Don MacKinnon, Paul McAdam, Gus McLaren, Romek Pachucki, Yvonne Pearsall, Kevin Roper, Laurie Sharpe, Robbert Smit, Gerald Wylie
- Backgrounds: Richard Zaloudek, Milan Zahorsky, Sue Speer
- Technical supervisor: Jerry Smith
- Ink & paint supervisor: Zora Bubica
- Xerography: Olga Zahorsky
- Supervising film editor: Peter Addison
- Film editors: Peter Jennings, Graham Whelan, Catherine MacKenzie, Ian Spruce
- Negative cutting: Adina Film Services
- Camera: Jerry Smith, John Cumming, Carol Laird, Peter Huiswaard, Kieran Mulgrew
- A Hanna-Barbera Production
- © 1973 Hanna-Barbera Productions, Inc.
- a hanna-barbera production
- This is the season two premiere of The New Scooby-Doo Movies.
- The Harlem Globetrotters are the only celebrity guests from season one to appear in season two.
- Not only was this The Harlem Globetrotters' final guest shot on The New Scooby-Doo Movies, this was also the final animated appearance of Meadowlark, Gip, Pablo and Bobby Joe. Only Geese and Curly would return in animated form on Hanna-Barbera's The Super Globetrotters (NBC, 1979-80), with the addition of 3 new members: Twiggy Sanders, Nate Branch and Sweet Lou Dunbar.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- If one looks very closely at the Globetrotters bus when they are following the Mystery Machine to the Picnic Island Queen in the beginning, Granny, their driver, and Dribbles, their dog mascot, are both in the bus.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- The scheme cooked up by the villains in this episode seemed pretty elaborate; they were never arrested by the authorities which is odd because they did, after all, kidnap the Globetrotters, and Mystery Inc..
In other languages
|Greek||Το Μυστικό του Στοιχειωμένου Νησιού||The Secret of the Mystery Island|
- Scooby-Doo! Meets the Harlem Globetrotters VHS released by Warner Home Video on May 6, 2003.
- Scooby-Doo! Meets the Harlem Globetrotters DVD released by Warner Home Video on May 6, 2003.
- The Best of The New Scooby-Doo Movies DVD set released by Warner Home Video on March 22, 2005.
- Scooby-Doo Meets Batman/Scooby-Doo! Meets the Harlem Globetrotters DVD set released by Warner Home Video on August 11, 2009.
- Buy from iTunes (US)
|Previous episode:||Series:||Next episode:|
|The Lochness Mess|| The New Scooby-Doo Movies|
|The Haunted Showboat|