|This needs a stretch.|
The Not-So-Great Race! is a story in Scooby-Doo! #134.
Race-car drivers are being run off the road by the ghost of Jane Deams, a movie star who died in a car accident.
Insert details here.
- Earl Smudge (single appearance)
- Ghost of Jane Deams (single appearance)(disguise)/
- Rant Gampy (single appearance)
- Bob the Cameraman (single appearance)(no lines)
- Reginald Mopsqueezer (single appearance)
- Mrs. Mopsqueezer (single appearance)
- Rita Geargrinder (only time mentioned)
- Coup De Ville road rally
- Race court
- Parking lot
- Earl Smudge's room
- Gang's room
|Earl Smudge||He is bad tempered.|
| Rant Gampy as the Ghost of Jane Deams|
Bob the Cameraman as his accomplice and alibi witness
|To make their highlighted racer, Rita Geargrinder, win and get a bonus.|
- The name "Jane Deams" is a reference to James Dean, a famous actor who died in a car crash.
- Scooby-Doo! Where Are You? #36 (August 2013).
The second full-length story burns rubber with a ghost that's perfect for the racing backdrop. The identity of this particular spectral speedster makes perfect sense. Newcomer to the Mystery Machine Magnon tunes up the characterization for the sleuths.
Batic and Ottolini have always been reliable pit crews for Scooby and the Gang, but this lap is rather spectacular. Before the checkered flag waves on the next page, Shaggy in a state of sheer turnpike terror picks up Velma by her robe collar while Velma remains completely nonplused about her friend's frightened foot race.