|This needs a stretch. (Feel to remove when satisfied of completion.)|
Insert details here.
- Phantom Clown (single appearance)(Harry the Hypnotist's disguise)
- Petros, the Palm-Reader (single appearance)
- Big Bertha (single appearance)(no lines)
- Lion (single appearance)(no lines)
- Elephant (single appearance)(no lines)
- Police officer (single appearance)(no lines)
- Circus attendees (single appearance)(no lines)
|Petros, the Palm-Reader as the Phantom Clown||He made Big Bertha look like a jinx, so Mr. Barnstorm would sell his circus cheap.|
- This story is an adaptation of Bedlam in the Big Top, from the original Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! TV series. The following changes have been made:
- The circus went unnamed in the cartoon.
- The Ghost Clown is renamed the Phantom Clown, and in different colours.
- Samson the Strongman is simply, Samson.
- Mr. Barnstorm has gone from being a young man with black hair to a middle-aged man with balding, brown hair.
- Daphne is placed in far more danger, unicycling into a lion cage rather than simply along the backs of circus elephants.
- The culprit is called "Petros, the Palm-Reader" in this version, instead of Harry the Hypnotist. Also, was doing it for revenge for being fired after he had been caught stealing from the circus. Big Bertha isn't in the cartoon at all.
- In the end, none of the acts return (including Samson), so Shaggy and the others volunteer to help out the ringmaster by being hypnotized to do dangerous circus stunts for him until he can get new performers.
- Velma can count in German.
- Scooby Snacks bribe: 9.
- Scooby-Doo! Classic Comics: Vol. 1 CD-Rom (Sep 2009)
Shaggy: Y-You go up and get him! I'll put something soft underneath!