|This needs a stretch. (Feel free to remove when satisfied of completion.)|
The Phantom of the Rock Club is the fourth and last story in Scooby-Doo! #126.
Velma Dinkley is called in by her old friend Missy to solve the mystery of a phantom that is disrupting the performances of her rock band.
Insert details here.
- Shaggy Rogers
- Fred Jones
- Daphne Blake
- Rock Club bouncer (single appearance)(no lines)
- Rock Club guests (single appearance)(miscellaneous speaking)
- Rock Club owner (only time mentioned)
- Unnamed town
- Rock Club
|Missy||She wanted to do her own album someday.|
|Sissy||She wanted to be the lead singer.|
|Chrissy||She doesn't like the other two girls.|
|Missy used a remote-controlled puppet and a projection||To do her own album.|
- The rest of the gang plays no part in solving the mystery; they just drop Velma off.
- Scooby-Doo! Where Are You? #33 (May 2013).
- None known.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or oddities
- The reveal panel shows Missy wearing a bracelet that conceals a remote control for the monster. This was supposed to be a clue for the solve-it-yourself mystery. The bracelet is not depicted in the rest of the story.
"The Phantom of the Rock Club" is the only clunker in the box. It's quite possible that a communication problem developed between writer and artist, but the words do not gel with the art. At one point Velma refers to the Phantom as a "puppet," but puppets aren't diaphanous, nor do they get sucked through air vents, and Velma relies on a piece of evidence unseen until the final reveal. The evidence should have been present throughout.