|This needs a stretch.|
The Ransom of Scooby Chief is the sixteenth and final episode of the original half-hour, Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo.
The gang heads to New York City, and drops off Shaggy, Scooby, and Scrappy, so they can visit the old neighborhood. Soon Scooby (and Shaggy) is kidnapped and it is up to Scrappy and his puppy friends to get him back.
Insert details here.
Cast and characters
|Casey Kasem||Shaggy Rogers|
|Heather North||Daphne Blake|
|Frank Welker|| Fred Jones|
|Marla Frumkin||Velma Dinkley|
|Actors||Carl and Tony|
- Carl and Tony
|Carl and Tony||To capture Scooby-Doo and hold him for ransom.|
- New York City
- This is the series finale of the original Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo series.
- The title is from the O Henry story The Ransom of Red Chief, in which two kidnappers capture a boy who is so much trouble that they end up paying to give him back to his family.
- The Statue of Liberty is only seen in the establishing shot of the opening of the episode, they don't actually go there.
- While Velma is never seen actually speaking, Marla Frumkin's voice can be heard saying "Have a nice visit" when Shaggy, Scooby and Scrappy are being dropped off in the beginning of the episode.
- After the episode aired, Fred, Daphne and Velma were removed from the franchise until Daphne's return three years later for The New Scooby and Scrappy Doo Show. Fred and Velma made guest appearances in The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries but they did not return as series regulars until A Pup Named Scooby-Doo.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- Scrappy's tail appears to grow in length when he's trying to reach for a coin in the sewer.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- Just how famous is Scooby-Doo? Carl and Tony wanted to hold him for a ransom worth a million dollars!
- Why were Carl and Tony calling Hollywood and asking for ransom? Shouldn't they have called Fred, Daphne and Velma?
- They probably had no idea who Fred, Daphne and Velma were.
- When Carl and Tony were holding Shaggy and Scooby hostage, why didn't they think to restrain them with something?
Lock the Door, It's a Minotaur!