|This needs a stretch.|
Insert details here.
- Skipper Shelton
- Skipper Shelton (sardiner) (single appearance)
- Amy the siren (single appearance)(disguise)/
- Amy Cavenaugh (single appearance)
- Angel Dynamite
- Angie Dinkley
- Ed Machine
- Dr. Spike Cavenaugh (single appearance)
- Fish Freaks (single appearance)(no lines)(main story and flashback)(disguise)/
- Ernesto (final appearance)(main story and flashback)
- Ernesto's followers (final appearance)(main story and flashback)
- Skipper Shelton (sardiner)'s crewman (single appearance)
- Flim-Flam (single appearance)(statue)
- Scrappy-Doo (single appearance)(statue)
- Miss Vampire Waitress
- Skipper Shelton (shrimper) (only time mentioned)
- Skiiper Shelton (manta-rayer) (only time mentioned)
- Skipper Shelton (kelper) (only time mentioned)
- Skipper Shelton (sea-dragoner) (only time mentioned)
- Barty Blake (mentioned)
- Crystal Cove
- Hot dogs
- Velma's computer
- Velma's keyboards
- Velma's cell phone
- Darrow Family Archives
- Velma's Bathtub
- K-Ghoul refrigerator
- Gummy Dummies
- Gang's life jackets
- Diving suit
|Ernesto and his fellow protestors as Fish Freaks||In order to steal and sell oil.|
- Scrappy and Flim-Flam's fates are references to the negative reception they received when they were main characters in the 1980's, being blamed for Scooby-Doo's decline, how they were percived by Cartoon Network (which also reflected their unpopularity in their bumpers), Scrappy's evil deeds in the 2002 film, and the fact that they never returned in any more productions because of it.
- This is also the first time Flim-Flam has been used since his appearances in the 1980's.
- Freddy not knowing who Flim-Flam is, is a reference to his standard continuity counterpart being absent from The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo. Given that Velma was absent from the aforementioned series, too, her SDMI counterpart would likely not know who he is either, although that is not outright confirmed.
- Velma runs a blog about the gang. She finds out that Amy and her mother both follow it. It turns out Velma regularly locks her door, but Angie has a key to it, and regularly invades her privacy.
- This is the second time the gang meet Ed Machine again face-to-face, after Where Walks Aphrodite.
- There are six Skipper Sheltons: the clammer who owns the Clam Cabin, a sardiner, a shrimper, a manta-rayer, a kelper, and a sea-dragoner (whom they don't talk about). This parallels Daphne and her sisters, suggesting she has five (with the odd one being the astronaut sister).
- Ernesto's group is missing the balding, gray-haired middle-aged guy from The Shrieking Madness.
- In this episode, skeptical Velma believed a person in a costume to be a real supernatural creature. Amy appealed to her loneliness and her desire to have a secret friend.
- This is the first time that Angel Dynamite has been hinted to be Cassidy Williams; Velma outright declares it.
- Ernesto's statement, "We have to destroy the environment in order to save it" is an echo of the famous Vietnam-era quote, "We had to destroy the village in order to save it."
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- The statue represents Flim-Flam with his hands in his sweater pockets, but from behind, his hands are on his waist.
Inconstitencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- Despite having already met Ed face-to-face once before, the gang show no apparent recognition of him as the associate of Mr. E who spoke to them after the Aphrodite case. The only reasonable explanation is they met him at night and would not have been able to have a good look at him or it's just something they cared not to reference.
In other languages
|Spanish (Latin America)||El Canto De La Sirena||The Siren's Song|
|Italy||Il Canto Della Sirena|
|Greek||Το Τραγούδι της Σειρήνας|
|French||Le Chant de la sirène|
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: Season One, Part 2 - Crystal Cove Curse DVD set released by Warner Home Video on January 24, 2012.
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: The Complete Season 1 DVD set released by Warner Home Video on October 8, 2013.
- Scooby-Doo! Mystères associés: L'intégrale de la saison 1 (Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: The entirety of season 1) DVD set released by Warner Home Video on October 3, 2012.
Amy: ♪ My song fills your heart. From the depths of the sea. Please listen and learn. All you can learn from me. ♪
|Previous episode:||Series:||Next episode:|
|Nightfright|| Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated|
|Menace of the Manticore|