Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This needs a stretch.|
Kids are being spookafied by the flute-playing Que Horrifico.
The children of Crystal Cove are being turned into monsters by a creature named Que Horrifico scaring all of the adults in town. As a result, they abandon their children who are being quarantined by the town and run for their lives. Fred and the gang try to solve the mystery, but get arrested.
Scooby and Shaggy are eating. Velma appears, saying that Shaggy should stop saying "like" and start wearing new pants. Meanwhile, Fred is getting tutored by an intelligent kid named Mary Anne Gleardan, who claims she should be in college. The tutor says she wants to join the city council, but is too "young."
Then the gang go to a vacant house on the street Que Horrifico mostly appears. Scooby and the gang disguise themselves as a family, thinking Que Horrifico would show up to turn Shaggy and Scooby, disguised as children, into one of her kid-minions. Que Horrifico then showed up to get Shaggy and Scooby, but gets caught in one of Fred's traps. Unfortunately, Que Horrifico calls its kid-minions to help the monster out of the trap, and the minions start chasing the gang around the vacant house. When Fred, Daphne, and Velma are cornered by the kid-minions next to the TV, Velma accidentally presses the remote, causing the TV to open. The kid-minions then start to sit down, and take off their masks. The kid-minions turn out to be the kids, with masks, fake hair, and fake fangs. Que Horrifico, hanging out of the window, says "What are you doing? You're ruining everything!", and then jumps out, after Fred and the gang start to chase it. Que Horrifico then gets trapped in one of Fred's nets and Sheriff Stone and the Mayor find the gang and a trapped Que Horrifico. Que Horrifico then turns out to be Mary Anne Gleardan, and she says her plan was to get rid of all the parents in Crystal Cove, so there would be no one in her way for ruling the town. Sheriff Stone arrests Mary Ann (even though she's a kid), while ranting to her about the Que Horrifico merchandises that Crystal Cove made because of her plot.
Later that night at the radio station, as Angel Dynamite rewards the gang with pizza, Shaggy tells Velma that he prefers his own baggy pants to the ones that Velma bought him.
- Arthur Baywosenthal (single appearance)
- Sheriff Bronson Stone
- Mayor Fred Jones, Sr.
- Angie Dinkley
- Dr. Luis de Potrillo (single appearance)
- Que Horrifico (single appearance)(disguise)/
- Mary Anne Gleardan (first appearance)
- Spookafied kids (single appearance)(disguise)/
- Children (redeemed)(miscellaneous speaking)
- Broccolli Head (single appearance)(TV or computer screen)
- Mr. Gabodoglophordia (single appearance)(TV or computer screen)
- Miscellaneous children (miscellaneous speaking)
- Tiffany (single appearance)(no lines)
- Miscellaneous parents (miscellaneous speaking)
- Potodebblepots (single appearance)(TV or computer screen)
- Pan flutes
- Shaggy's old pants
- Fashion magazine
- Shaggy's new pants
- The Mystery Machine
- Miscellaneous parents' cars
|Dr. Luis de Potrillo||He thought he might be Que Horrifico.|
|Mary Anne Gleardan as Que Horrifico||To take over the town.|
|Children||Conspired to put on masks with the promise of candy.|
|Frank Welker|| Scooby-Doo|
Fred Jones, Jr.
|Matthew Lillard||Shaggy Rogers|
|Grey DeLisle|| Daphne Blake|
|Mindy Cohn||Velma Dinkley|
|Gary Cole||Mayor Fred Jones, Sr.|
|Patrick Warburton||Sheriff Bronson Stone|
|Vivica A. Fox||Angel Dynamite|
|Frances Conroy||Angie Dinkley|
|Isabella Acres|| Mary Anne Gleardan|
|Zach Callison|| Arthur Baywosenthal|
|Tom Kenny|| Broccoli Head|
|Paul Rugg|| Dr. Luis de Potrillo|
Male parent 1
|Will Shadley|| Child 1|
|Kath Soucie|| Female parent 1|
Female parent 2
|Mitch Watson|| Ethan|
Male Parent 2
- Although failing in the previous episode to get Shaggy to eat healthy, Velma moves onto trying to stop him incorrectly using the word "like" in almost every sentence and getting him to wear a new type of pants (both of which are recurring gags). By the end of the episode he tells her to stop because he likes the way he is and she accepts.
- Velma says that Shaggy has worn his trademark red pants since the eigth grade.
- The scene where Shaggy is pulled back into the darkness by spookified children in a reference to the Spanish horror film [REC] and/or its American remake Quarantine.
- The scene where Shaggy and Scooby tie themselves into the panel closet with an ascot is a reference to Halloween, in which Laurie Strode tied a scarf around a similar closet door in order to hide from Michael Myers. When the spookified children bust through the panels, it is reminiscent of when Michael thrust his hand through the panels to try and get Laurie.
- Disguises: Gang as a family (Fred and Daph as parents, Velma as grandma, Shaggy and Scoob as young child and baby, respectively).
- Running gags: Shaggy snapping himself a rubber band whenever he says "Like" inappropriately; and having trouble walking in his new pants.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- Part of Shaggy's sleeve is colored as his skin when Dr. Portillo leaves his office.
Inconstitencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- When the gang drove through Crystal Cove during the fire, Shaggy said "Like" again, as in response to Velma, "Yeah! Like the whole town is spookified", no rubber band is heard snapping.
- Possibly Velma was too horrified by what she saw to enforce the rule. Or possibly because, though Shaggy's sentence was grammatically incorrect, the "like" part wasn't the problem. "Like" was actually used correctly. Had Shaggy said "It's like the whole town is spookified," the sentence would have been grammatically correct.
- Shaggy also says "like" right before the gang dresses up as a family ("Like, who would be dumb enough to do that?"), yet no rubber band snapping was used.
- Fred, Daphne and Velma changed from their disguises to their normal outfits awfully fast.
In other languages
|Spanish (Latin America)||La Canción Misteriosa||The Mysterious Song|
|Spanish (Spain)||La Canción del Misterio||The Song of Mystery|
|Italian||La Canzone del Mistero|
|French||La Chanson du Mystère|
|Portuguese||A Música de Mistério||The Music of Mystery|
|Hungarian||A Rejtélyes Dallam||The Mysterious Melody|
|Greek||Το Μυστηριώδες Τραγούδι||The Mysterious Song|
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: Season One, Volume 2 DVD released by Warner Home Video on May 10, 2011.
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: The Complete Season 1 DVD set released by Warner Home Video on October 8, 2013.
- Scooby-Doo! Mystères associés: L'intégrale de la saison 1 (Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: The entirety of season 1) DVD set released by Warner Home Video on October 3, 2012.
|Previous episode:||Series:||Next episode:|
|Revenge of the Man Crab|| Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated|
|The Legend of Alice May|