|This needs a stretch. (Feel to remove when satisfied of completion.)|
The kids head to the Coolsville Amphitheater, to see the famous Buddy Chillner in concert, but the ghost of Purvis Parker, a long forgotten and missing star, tries to scare everyone off and steals the money from the concert. Is he really a ghost?
Insert details here.
- Buddy Chillner (single appearance)
- Old man (single appearance)(Purvis Parker's disguise)
- Purvis Parker (single appearance)
- Lenny Lipner (single appearance)
- Red Herring
|Mr. Dilton||His business wasn't going well since Buddy became famous.|
|Lenny Lipner||He blamed Buddy that everyone has forgotten Purvis Parker.|
|Old man||Strangely sneaking around.|
|Mr. Dilton as the Ghost of Purvis Parker||To ruin Buddy Chillner.|
|"The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll"||Credits||Performed by|
- Purvis Parker is based on the younger, slimer Elvis Presley, and Lenny Lipner is based on the older, fatter/impersonator types.
- The "Special Announcement" title card when the Newscaster interrupts Fred's crazy theory near the end of the mystery is different than usual, having Scooby's head on the top right instead of the full Scooby on the bottom right.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- None known.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- None known.
In other languages
|Greek||Το Φάντασμα του Ροκ-εντ-Ρολ||The Ghost of Rock'n Roll|
- A Pup Named Scooby-Doo: Volume 4 DVD released by Warner Home Video on July 18, 2006.
- A Pup Named Scooby-Doo: Complete 2nd, 3rd & 4th Seasons DVD set released by Warner Home Video on March 17, 2009.
Shaggy: (narration) Like, we were all at the Coolsville Amphitheatre to see a performance by Buddy "The Budman" Chillner, and I was ready to rock and roll along with my cool pal, a pup named Scooby-Doo.
Shaggy: Like, you can always count on some great "licks" from my dog, a pup named...