|This needs a stretch.|
|A haunting need for images|
Needed: Main image.
Insert details here.
- Mystery Inc.
- Don Knotts (single appearance)
- Sheriff Dandy Griffith (single appearance)
- Laurel and Hardy (mentioned)
|Sheriff Dandy Griffith||He was the only other person in the police station when the scary laughing was heard.|
|Gene Haultrey||A "sorehead", as Don called him.|
|Gene Haultrey as the Skeleton Man||To steal cattle.|
|Casey Kasem||Shaggy Rogers|
|Frank Welker|| Fred Jones|
Sheriff Dandy Griffith
|Heather North||Daphne Blake|
|Nicole Jaffe||Velma Dinkley|
|Michael Bell||Gene Haultrey|
The following credits are how they are seen on-screen (or as close as possible).
- Produced and Directed: William Hanna and Joseph Barbera
- Associate Producer: Alex Lovy
- Story: Jameson Brewer, Tom Dagenais, Ruth Flippen, Fred Freiberger, Willie Gilbert, Bill Lutz, Larry Markes, Norman Maurer, Jack Mendelsohn, Ray Parker, Gene Thompson, Paul West, Harry Winkler
- Story Direction: Steve Clark, Mike Kawaguchi, Paul Sommer, Carl Fallberg, George Singer, Irv Spector, Howard Swift
- Voices: Nicole Jaffe, Don Messick, Frank Welker, Daws Butler, Joan Gerber, Larry Harmon, Ann Jillian, Jim MacGeorge, Mike Road, Vincent VanPatten, Casey Kasem, Heather North, John Stephenson, Henry Cordon, Florence Halop, Pat Harrington, Ted Knight, Cindy Putman, Olan Soulé, Len Weinrib
- Animation Director: Charles A. Nichols
- Production Design: Iwao Takamoto
- Production Supervisor: Victor O. Schipek
- Layout: Bob Singer, John Ahern, Mike Arens, Ric Gonzalez, Alex Ignatiev, Ray Jacobs, Bill Lignate, Alvaro Arce, Mo Gollub, Paul Gruwett, Zygamond Jablecki, Herb Johnson, Lew Ott
- Animation: Bill Keil, Ed Aardal, Lefty Callahan, Goerge Cannata, Izzy Ellis, John Garling, Fred Grable, Joan Orbison, Jay Sarbry, Irv Spence, Carlo Vinci, Ed Barge, Lars Calonius, Rudy Cataldi, Hugh Fraser, Bob Goe, Dick Lundy, Ed Parks, Ken Southworth, Dave Tendlar, Xenia
- Backgrounds: F. Montelaegre, Gary Niblett, Dave High
- Titles: Iraj Paran
- Musical Director: Hoyt Curtin
- Musical Supervision: Paul DeKorte
- Technical Supervisor: Frank Paiker
- Ink and Paint Supervisor: Jayne Barbera
- Xerography: Robert ‘Tiger’ West
- Sound Direction: Richard Olson, Bill Getty
- Supervising Film Editor: Larry Cowan
- Film Editors: Earl Bennet, Ron Sawade, Pat Foley
- Negative Consultant: William E. DeBoer
- Post Production: Joed Eaton
- Camera: George Epperson, John Aardal, Dennis Weaver, Ralph Migliori
- A Hanna-Barbera Production
- RCA Sound Recording
- © 1972 Hanna-Barbera Productions, Inc.
- a hanna-barbera production
- This is the second and last appearance of Don Knotts, but unlike Guess Who's Knott Coming to Dinner, it's truly him, instead of the ambiguity of another character.
- There are a few references to The Andy Griffith Show:
- Fred and Velma do an impersonation of Laurel and Hardy when they try to get the sheriff to laugh; they were incidently in the next episode, The Ghost of Bigfoot.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- Although Don had met the gang previously in Guess Who's Knott Coming to Dinner, the gang and Don don't know each other; although if Homer Pipsqueak isn't intended to be Don then they wouldn't recognize each other.
In other languages
|Greek||Η Ύποπτη Ομίχλη||The Suspecious Fog|
Don Knotts: You're coming with me, Haultrey!
|Previous episode:||Series:||Next episode:|
|The Secret of Shark Island|| The New Scooby-Doo Movies|
|The Ghost of Bigfoot|