|What's missing, Scoobypedia?|
|A haunting need for images|
|The Spooky Fog of Juneberry|
|The New Scooby-Doo Movies|
|Airdate||November 4, 1972|
|Directed By|| William Hanna
|Previous Episode||The Secret of Shark Island|
|Next Episode||The Ghost of Bigfoot|
The gang talks as they are heading though the desert wondering where to stop for lunch. Only to find that the watermelon they had as already been eaten by Shaggy and Scooby. They stop to look at a sign for Juneberry, thinking of stopping. As they get closer, they find themselves in a pea soup fog, and decide not to stop, after hearing strange noises.
They are leaving town when they hear a strange noise, only to find it is a motorcycle cop chasing them. When Fred pulls over, the cop stops. The cop turns out to be Don Knotts, the famous actor and the police officer of Juneberry. He comes up to Fred and tells Fred that he was going 90 mph in a 25 zone. When he shows Fred the gauge, he finds that his RPM gauge and MPH gauges were switched. When they ask to leave, he lets them go and he is on his way back to Juneberry. The gang change their mind when he falls off his cycle and he offers them a police escort.
The gang and Don go back to Juneberry as they spot a big family leaving the town forever. Don labelled them as soreheads. Don introduces Sheriff Dandy Griffith to the kids. A few moments later, Gene Haultrey, the rancher arrives angry at the sheriff because of the cattle rustlers stealing his cattle. As he leaves Don shows the kids this famous hotel, but it turns out to be the police station of Juneberry and the food is just some bananas and can of chocolate custard.
When the gang and Don go to sleep they spot a strange shadow throwing a horseshoe with a note. They hear mean scary laughing and decide to wake up Don. He tells them they can go back to bed because it's just police business. Fred wonder who tried to scare them and Velma thinks it's Sheriff Dandy. She decides they test him when he comes by making him laugh and see if he laughs like the man who threw the horseshoe.
When sheriff comes to his office the kids try to make him laugh. When they finally make him laugh they hear strange noises again, the same they heard when they were driving through the town. Don notices the Spooky Fog and he hides under a table with Shaggy and Scooby. Fred and Velma go out to investigate and see a sign falling close to them and the church bell ringing. Meanwhile a red-eyed vulture chases the kids inside and Shaggy, Scooby and Don quickly hide in a haystack. Fred spots something moving but it was just Shaggy, Don and Scooby-Doo. Velma then spots tiretracks leading out of the town.
Note: this synopsis is incomplete.
Cast and characters
|Casey Kasem||Shaggy Rogers|
|Frank Welker|| Fred Jones|
Sheriff Dandy Griffith
|Heather North||Daphne Blake|
|Nicole Jaffe||Velma Dinkley|
|Michael Bell||Gene Haultrey|
- Skeleton/Gene Haultrey
- An odd assortment of projected ghosts, monsters, and a Brontosaurus
|Sheriff Dandy Griffith||He was the only other person in the police station when the scary laughing was heard.|
|Gene Haultrey||A "sorehead" as Don called him.|
|Gene Haultrey as the Skeleton Man||To steal cattle.|
- Fred and Velma do an impersonation of Laurel and Hardy when they try to get the sheriff to laugh; they were incidently in the next episode, The Ghost of Bigfoot.
- This is the second and last appearance of Don Knotts, but unlike Guess Who's Knott Coming to Dinner he plays himself instead of the ambiguity of another character.
- The town name "Juneberry" plays off Mayberry, the town in The Andy Griffith Show where Don Knotts played police officer Barney Fife. Sheriff Dandy Griffith is another reference (Andy Griffith played Sheriff Andy Taylor on the show).
- Although Don Knotts had met the gang a previous episode, Guess Who's Knott Coming to Dinner, the gang and Don don't know each other.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- None known.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- Although Don Knotts had met the gang previously in Guess Who's Knott Coming to Dinner, the gang and Don don't know each other; although if Homer Pipsqueak isn't intended to be Don then they wouldn't recognize each other.
In other languages
|Greek||Η Ύποπτη Ομίχλη||The Suspecious Fog|
- The Best of The New Scooby-Doo Movies DVD set released March 22, 2005.
"Nice try fella. But my instruments never lie, see that speedometer there."
"But, that looks like an RPM gauge!"
(Don looks at the auges.)
"Dang it! Somebody swiched my gadges around when I wasn't looking."
"You can't just sit her Scooby, you have to help me look."
"Well, how about a Scooby Snack."
"Two Scooby Snacks?"
"Ruhhh..." (Scooby looks at her, then shakes his head no.)
"One, two, three!" (as she tosses then into his mouth.)
- - Daphne and Scooby.
(Fred unmaskes the Skeleton-Man.)
"Gene Haultrey! You're the criminal mind behind all this!"
"It's true. And I could've gotten away with it if it weren't for you people!"
(Don pulls up his pants.)
"You're coming with me, Haultrey!"
(Scooby licks Don.)
"Watch it kid. This is police business!"
The Secret of Shark Island
The Ghost of Bigfoot