- This article is about the episode. For the object, see Story Stick.
|This needs a stretch. (Feel free to remove when satisfied of completion.)|
Insert details here.
- Yogi Bear (single appearance)(no lines)
- Indian reservation citizens (single appearance)(miscellaneous speaking)
- Princess Velma (single appearance)(fantasy)
- Red Herring (fantasy)
- Mail-order termite (single appearance)
- Ranger (single appearance)
|Jay Littlefield||To keep his home which a hotel development was going to destroy.|
|Warren||He was digging at night and had totem artifacts on hand.|
|Mr. Ryan||The paint in his car matched the colors of the Totem Spirit.|
|Mr. Ryan as the Totem Spirit||To keep valuable artifacts for himself.|
- This is the only episode in which Coolsville doesn't truly physically appear, it only appears in the gang's stories; Red Herring only appears in Freddie's.
- This is one of few instances in which Freddie does not accuse Red Herring of being the monster.
- Yogi Bear makes a cameo appearance at the beginning and after the chase scene, and Yogi's friend/adversary Ranger Smith (reprised by the voice of Don Messick) comes in at the end.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- When Velma's computer blows up, the rest of the gang standing behind her suddenly disappears in the explosion.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- In Shaggy's story, his Commander Cool outfit is a different color from its appearance in other episodes.
- Is Jellystone Park adjacent to an Indian reservation?
In other languages
|Greek||Το Ραβδί των Ιστοριών||The Story Wand|
|Polish||Opowieść wyssana z kijka||A story sucked out of the stick||A play on the idiom "opowieść wyssana z palca" (meaning: a story sucked out of a finger, i.e. false, fictive)|
- A Pup Named Scooby-Doo: Volume 3 DVD released by Warner Home Video on July 18, 2006.
- A Pup Named Scooby-Doo: Complete 1st Season DVD set released by Warner Home Video on March 18, 2008.
|Previous episode:||Series:||Next episode:|
|Ghost Who's Coming to Dinner|| A Pup Named Scooby-Doo|