|What's missing, Scoobypedia?|
The gang go to a baseball stadium to see Luis Santiago break the home run record when a spooky Baseball Specter, who happens to be the ghost of Cab Craig, shows up and haunts the stadium during the game.
Insert details here.
Cast and characters
|Frank Welker|| Scooby-Doo|
Baseball Specter (uncredited)
|Casey Kasem||Shaggy Rogers|
|Mindy Cohn||Velma Dinkley|
|Grey DeLisle|| Daphne Blake|
|John Stephenson||Bob Taylor|
|Carlos Alazraqui|| Luis Santiago|
|Steve Blum|| J.T. Page|
|Kathy Griffin||Autumn Summerfield|
|Cab Craig (projector)|
|"Play My Game"||Credits||The Donnas|
- Baseball Specter/Bob Taylor
|J.T. Page||Angry that he was made to be the team mascot.|
|Autumn Summerfield||Publicity for Luis. Her shoes were dry, even though she said she left the park.|
|Bob Taylor as the Baseball Specter||He did not want Luis Santiago to be successful in breaking Cab's record.|
- Fred's surname, "Jones", was revealed in The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries episode, Happy Birthday, Scooby-Doo.
- Two transition scenes with a baseball zooming across the screen includes the full names of the gang written on it. Fred's surname was already mentioned above. The rest of them are as followed:
- Shaggy's surname was revealed in The New Scooby and Scrappy Doo Show episode, Wedding Bell Boos!. Instead of using his nickname it actually says his birthname, "Norville", revealed in the A Pup Named Scooby-Doo episode, The Sludge Monster From The Earth's Core.
- Daphne's surname was revealed in The New Scooby and Scrappy Doo Show episode, No Sharking Zone.
- Velma's surname was revealed in The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries episode, Happy Birthday, Scooby-Doo.
- Velma calls Scooby a "ham" when he's dressed as Mr. Grizz, which she called him in the original series.
- This episode is a semi-remake of the episode The Ghost that Sacked The Quarterback from The Scooby-Doo Show. Both happen on a sports field, on the night of an important event, at a stadium built on top of the old version.
- The What's New, Scooby-Doo? tune plays when Scooby dances as Mr. Grizz.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- Presumably it's intentional, but Shelly's nametag is empty, as are the police officers'.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- Despite Cookie Co. International Park being an abbreviation on the stadium's front sign, everybody calls it "Cookie Company International Park".
- The way Fred just walks up to Luis, anyone could do the same and say they entered the competition. Presumably he gave proper identifaction details off-screen.
- It's worth noting that nobody except for Bob Taylor (John Stephenson) pronounces Cab Craig correctly, which may question if it even is supposed to be pronounced that way. Other characters almost pronounce it as if they're saying "Cab Cray" (or even "Cab Grey").
- Shaggy produces a torch when he's in the pitch black after falling into Potters Stadium.
In other languages
|Arabic||أمر يفوق الطبيعة||A Supernatural Occurence|
|Greek||Τα Τρομακτικά Παιχνίδια||The Spooky Games|
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Volume 5 - Sports Spooktacular VHS.
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Volume 5 - Sports Spooktacular DVD.
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Complete 1st Season DVD set released February 20, 2007.
Pompeii and Circumstance
Big Appetite in Little Tokyo