|This needs a stretch. (Feel free to remove when satisfied of completion.)|
The gang travels to an old Transylvanian castle on a rainy night to watch the shoot of the Hex Girls' new music video "Petrified Bride". But when they get there, they find out that the band is breaking up, since there's a vampire on the loose. Fred decides to go straight to trapping the vampire. They do so, only to discover there's another vampire lurking around. It's up to Scooby and the gang to solve the mystery and prevent the Hex Girls from breaking up.
Insert details here.
- Hex Girls (final appearance)
- J.J. Hakimoto (final appearance)
- Owen DeCassle (single appearance)
- Wrenchfield (single appearance)
- Vampire (single appearance)(Steve and Stu Fortescu's disguise)
- Steve Fortescu (single appearance)
- Stu Fortescu (single appearance)
- Mrs. Dinkley (mentioned)
- Max (single appearance)(no lines)
- Steve & Stu Fortescu's parents (only time mentioned)
- Baron Fortescu (only time mentioned)
- Bats (single appearance)(no lines)
- Fred Bat (single appearance)(no lines)
- Popular Magazine
- Daphne's handbag
- Make-up remover
- Human skeleton
- Stu Fortescu's birth certificate
- Eureka Garlic
- Scooby Snacks box
|Wrenchfield||He hates that the music of the Hex Girls has replaced his beloved chamber music.|
|Dusk||She got into a fight with the other girls and threatened to quit the band.|
|J.J. Hakimoto||Making a film about a real vampire would allow him freedom to present anything he wants.|
|Steve & Stu Fortescu at separate times as the Vampire||To get their family castle back.|
|Song||Credits||Performed by||Character performance by|
|"Petrified Bride"||Written by Rich Dickerson & Jordana Arkin||Jane Wiedlin, Jennifer Hale, and Kimberly Brooks||Hex Girls|
|"What's New, Scooby-Doo?"||Written by Rich Dickerson & Gigi Meroni|
- Mystery Inc. previously met the Hex Girls in the DTVs, Scooby-Doo and the Witch's Ghost and Scooby-Doo! and the Legend of the Vampire, respectively.
- They also met J.J. Hakimoto in the previous season's episode, 3-D Struction.
- This episode was billed on Kids' WB as the first unsolved mystery. After watching, viewers would have a chance to go online to guess who the culprit was.
- There is no "traditional" unmasking, instead, being make-up that is wiped off.
- James Arnold Taylor is uncredited as the Vampire, while Nick Jameson is uncredited entirely for Wrenchfield and Stu Fortescu.
- The title of the episode may be a pun on Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (starring Mark Hamill).
- Owen DeCassle is a spoof on Vincent Price.
- J.J. makes references to the taglines of both Jaws 2 and Alien; he previously referred to the former's tagline in 3-D Struction.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- At some point Thorn's eyes switches from black to green.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- Shaggy almost suggests Bavaria is in Transylvania, when it is actually in Germany. If Bavaria is still in the country it's supposed to be then Shaggy must think they can just be there in an instant.
- Daphne says that the argument between the Hex Girls is because Dusk is rumoured to be leaving, but the front cover to Popular Magazine implies that it is Thorn who's walking out, by separating her from Luna and Dusk (which makes more sense her being the lead singer and all). However, this isn't brought up again, so it's possible that Dusk leaving was untrue.
- When Daphne is attacked in the middle of the night, she happens to be the only one dressed for bed.
- When the Hex Girls make the "What's New, Scooby-Doo?", they still wear their wedding dresses for the first few shots, which makes no sense in the context of the video.
- It's unclear which characters and actors are supposed to be credited for their appearance or not, because Kimberly Brooks is credited for the role of Dusk, instead of Jane Wiedlin; Brooks is the voice of Luna.
- Grey DeLisle is mistakenly credited for voicing "Wormian #1", which was from The Fast and the Wormious.
In other languages
|Greek||Η Επιστροφή του Βρυκόλακα||Return of the Vampire|
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Volume 3 - Halloween Boos and Clues VHS released by Warner Home Video on August 10, 2004.
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Volume 3 - Halloween Boos and Clues DVD released by Warner Home Video on August 10, 2004.
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Complete 2nd Season DVD set released by Warner Home Video on June 7, 2007.
- Scooby-Doo! and the Vampires DVD released by Warner Home Video on November 6, 2012.
- Scooby-Doo! and the Vampires DVD released by Warner Home Video on January 14, 2014.
Shaggy: Like, why are we in a creepy place, already? Our vacations usually start out normal and end up creepy.
Velma: (wearing wedding dress) My mother would have a heart attack.
Daphne: Why does she get to wear the dress?
Steve and Stu: And it would've worked, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
|Previous episode:||Series:||Next episode:|
|High-Tech House of Horrors|| What's New, Scooby-Doo?|
|A Scooby-Doo Halloween|