|What's missing, Scoobypedia?|
The amateur sleuths travel to a mountain resort for some skiing and to watch a snowboarding competition. They end up investigating rumors of a snow creature that is attacking the participants. When Velma catches a cold and Fred breaks his leg, it's up to Scooby, Shaggy and Daphne to solve the mystery.
Insert details here.
Cast and characters
|Frank Welker|| Scooby-Doo|
|Casey Kasem||Shaggy Rogers|
|Mindy Cohn||Velma Dinkley|
|Grey DeLisle|| Daphne Blake|
Gretchen Mueller (uncredited)
|Tom Kenny|| NATLAS|
Theodore Schussman (uncredited)
|Kevin Michael Richardson||Bruce Wilkinson|
|Brian Unger||Avalanche Anderson|
|Lauren Tom||Nancy Chang|
|Dee Bradley Baker||Snow Creature|
|"It's a Rad, Rad World"||Written by Gigi Meroni and Rich Dickerson||Sebastian Robertson|
- Snow Creature operated by the mystery sneak/Avalanche Anderson
|Bruce Wilkinson||His business is going under so he can't pay the million dollars.|
|Nancy Chang||Would do anything for ratings.|
|Theodore Schussman||His career as a skier was ruined after an accident with a snowboarder.|
|Gretchen Mueller||To win the snowboarding competition.|
|The mystery sneak||Suspicious activity at the ski jump gate. He hid his face under a ski mask.|
|Avalanche Anderson as the mystery sneak operating the Snow Creature robot||Because he wanted to be better at snowboarding than Chris Klug.|
- Mountain resort
- Wilkinson Snowboarding Open
- Mystery Inc.'s room
- Ski jump gate
- Ski jump
- Theodore Schussman's cabin
- Ski lift
- Ski lift control booth
- Dead Man's Bluff
- Scooby laughing at one of Shaggy's jokes, but then saying he doesn't get it may be a reference to the recurring gag in A Pup Named Scooby-Doo.
- The title plays off an old Broadway song, "There's No Business Like Show Business".
- Original actors, Casey Kasem and Frank Welker, are listed in the credits after the opening sequence. Due to this however, any additional characters they play aren't credited.
- This is the first episode of a Scooby-Doo series to feature Welker, Mindy Cohn and Grey DeLisle as the voices of Scooby-Doo, Velma Dinkley and Daphne Blake, respectively.
- This is the first new episode to be produced by Warner Bros. Animation and aired on The WB's Kids' WB block.
- This episode introduces the gang's new outfits and slight redesigns (e.g. Velma's ruffled hair). Additionally, Daphne's green handbag is first seen in this episode as well.
- Shaggy later listens to "It's a Rad, Rad World" in Safari, So Goodi!.
- This is the second time after the Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo (first series) episode, Shiver and Shake, That Demon's a Snake, that a member of the gang is unable to participate due to being sick. In addition, it's also the first time two members have been taken out during a case, this time one is injured.
- The outfits the gang wear in the mummy scene of the opening sequence, they actually later wear for real in Mummy Scares Best.
- NATLAS may be a reference to "atlas".
- This is the first episode where the monster is considered to be a fake upon meeting it, until the transparent nature of its body threw them off.
- This episode is in memory of Bob Onorato.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- When Klug lands after his first flip, his entire face is missing.
- The Mystery Machine is empty when it cuts Nancy off from asking her question to Mr. Wilkinson, and continues to be when Fred thinks he's watching a van that "looks" like the Mystery Machine on its own TV screen.
- Elle only gets a couple of inches away from the right hand side of the screen and her snowboard and notepad already disappear making it look like they've been cut in half.
- When Shaggy wonders who's been controlling the Snow Creature robot, the lower half of his jacket is brown.
- When Velma says about watching all those snowboarding movies got her thinking that Avalanche must have connections in Hollywood, her left foot is hovering over the chair the latter is tied to, instead of on the ground.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- When the Mystery Machine makes a perfect parking, its windows are shiny so it's impossible to see inside. The windows of the cars on either side of the van are also shiny as well.
- Apparently an exception to the gang sharing a hotel room was made in this episode. Probably because they have seperate bedrooms. Specifically, there's only one bedroom, another bed seems to be in the main room.
- Daphne implies there was foul play in Theodore's accident, refering to his collider as a "so-called" snowboarder, or she was refering to the person's maneuvering skills. Either way, who's she to judge?
- It seems she may have been reading how it was written, which makes it the newspaper implying foul play for some reason.
- It must have been a prestigious competition if it still went ahead with no sponsers and the expected million dollar prize money having been removed.
- In the end, no film crews or audience are visible at the competition.
- The abrupt conclusion of Shaggy winning may be funnier, but not at all believable.
In other languages
|Spanish (Latin America)||El Abominable Hombre de las Nieves||The Abominable Snowman|
|Greek||Περιπέτεια στο Χιονοδρομικό Κέντρο||An Adventure in the Snow Center|
|Norwegian||Snøuhyret||The snow monster|
|Polish||Pora na śnieżnego stwora||Time for the snow creature|
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Volume 1 - Space Ape at the Cape VHS released August 19, 2003.
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Volume 1 - Space Ape at the Cape DVD released June 1, 2004.
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Complete 1st Season DVD set released February 20, 2007.
- Scooby-Doo! and the Snow Creatures DVD released September 9, 2011 and officially released in the US October 1, 2013.
- Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: Holiday Chills and Thrills DVD set released October 16th, 2012.
- Scooby-Doo! and Friends DVD to be released April 1, 2014.
Nancy Chang: And how will these high-profile games be affected by the loss of Olympic bronze medalist, Chris Klug, under mysterious circumstances?