FANDOM


  • Not so long ago it was announced that a big screen adventure of Scooby-Doo was in the works this time in animated form. Funny thing is it had people involved in previous live-action forays in both formats.

    Now the studio has announced they're bringing a wholly new live-action film to the big screen.[1] It still has Charles Roven producing (although Richard Suckle has been dropped), with Atlas Entertainment working on production. The only difference is they have a new writer, Randall Green. Was the first news intentionally false or did they change their minds? Nobody knows. Makes me wonder if that new animated theatrical Flintstones film announced will just end up being a new live-action attempt?

    I think it's obvious what we want to see in a live-action film to make it worth seeing (and making), but what is it you want to see specifically done that wasn't done right or shouldn't have been done at all?

      Loading editor
    • YouDontKnowSponge
      YouDontKnowSponge removed this reply because:
      Not needed as already said before
      04:34, June 28, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • I knew it. You've already said about what you want to see, elsewhere on the forum, and you've already said on the site from the link I provided. Enough is enough now, we know what you want, and constantly repeating it isn't going to make what you've said any more clearer than it does already. Maybe the time now is to either let it go or get in contact with WB themselves and pitch your idea, as long as it's polite.

        Loading editor
    • Anythingspossibleforapossible wrote:
      I knew it. You've already said about what you want to see, elsewhere on the forum, and you've already said on the site from the link I provided. Enough is enough now, we know what you want, and constantly repeating it isn't going to make what you've said any more clearer than it does already. Maybe the time now is to either let it go or get in contact with WB themselves and pitch your idea, as long as it's polite.

      This is the last time im saying that, now we should just say on topic of the thread.

        Loading editor
    • @YouDontKnowSponge - Keep in mind that there ARE some people (myself included) who actually like Velma and/or Fred and wouldn't be pleased if these characters were left out. I do think Scrappy should be redeemed but not at the expense of omitting a part of the main cast.

        Loading editor
    • Yep,I agree with that.I would like all of the main cast there,and even Scrappy ..maybe.I'm not exactly sure whether the writers would depict him in a better way,so I'm on the fence about that.But,I'd probably like the main cast and Scrappy together.However,I hope the story is also interesting :P

        Loading editor
    • VerMa wrote:
      @YouDontKnowSponge - Keep in mind that there ARE some people (myself included) who actually like Velma and/or Fred and wouldn't be pleased if these characters were left out. I do think Scrappy should be redeemed but not at the expense of omitting a part of the main cast.

      They could give Fred and Velma their own spin off for the people that like them if they ever made another Scooby/Shaggy/Daphne/Scrappy series/reboot. Some people on youtube and deviantart would like to have Velma and Johnny Bravo together.

        Loading editor
    • YouDontKnowSponge wrote: They could give Fred and Velma their own spin off for the people that like them if they ever made another Scooby/Shaggy/Daphne/Scrappy series/reboot. Some people on youtube and deviantart would like to have Velma and Johnny Bravo together.

      None of what you say will ever happen. Give them a spin-off just to get rid of them from the main series? Not going to happen. The reason why we keep on seeing them all the time? Why is that I wonder? Because they are original characters. You're just not going to see cartoon spin-offs again where Yogi can time travel, or Barney Rubble becomes a billionare. Never mind if they actually did episodes about one or both of those plots. Maybe in a special of some kind, but even then that would likely never happen. Scooby-Doo (and likewise the Mystery Inc. gang) is first and foremost Scooby, Shaggy, Fred, Daphne, and Velma. That's just the way it is. It began with them and continues with them. If you don't like it then you're going to just have to be satisfied with what has been done. If Scooby/Shaggy/Daphne/Scrappy was popular then there would've been another year or so with them. And no, they don't need a revival to try and bring back renewed interest.

        Loading editor
    • YouDontKnowSponge wrote:
      Some people on youtube and deviantart would like to have Velma and Johnny Bravo together.

      However, Johnny Bravo never was a part of the main cast. Mystery Inc. has (almost) always been a Five Man Band and splitting them into two shows would be... at least strange. Also, although I personally ship Shaggy and Velma, I believe that in official releases the gang should actually stay a group of friends who hang out together, solve mysteries and help one another - like siblings, I'd even say.

        Loading editor
    • I completely agree with that.The original gang is the one I would rather stick with.They just have such a connected,awesome relationship,I don't see why they would need to be split up into different series.It was experimented with before,but the producers most likely won't try that again.And,seriously? The Scrappy/Scooby/Daphne/Shaggy reboot probably won't even happen,and you're already thinking of giving Fred and Velma their own show?With Johnny Bravo.*shakes head* I know some people who like the whole scooby/scrappy/daphne/shaggy thing,but none that would want to  split the gang up.Again.They're just fans of it,and they hope for a revival,but not like this. 

        Loading editor
    • i love the Original Gang!!!

      i don't Want Velma and Fred to leave!

      i really like them , Plus , FRED WEARS AN ASCOT!!!

      Argument here done.

        Loading editor
    • Exactly.Fred's ascot <3 = case closed.

        Loading editor
    • Why can't these people just make a 2D Scooby Doo film like it should be, in 2D.

      You know, I have been writing a SD fanfic which is a Scooby Doo version of Epic Mickey. Instead of Disney characters, the forgotten characters are Hanna-Barbera characters.

      Scooby is our Mickey

      Scrappy and Flim-Flam (mainly Scrappy) are our Oswalds

      The Great Gazoo is our Gremlin Gus.

        Loading editor
    • WinslowOddballs456 wrote: You know, I have been writing a SD fanfic which is a Scooby Doo version of Epic Mickey. Instead of Disney characters, the forgotten characters are Hanna-Barbera characters.

      Scooby is our Mickey

      Scrappy and Flim-Flam (mainly Scrappy) are our Oswalds

      The Great Gazoo is our Gremlin Gus.

      What does that have to do with this topic? They should make a film about that?

        Loading editor
    • Yes they should.

        Loading editor
    • Uh,nope.Sorry,but I like the idea,I really do, but I don't have much of an idea of what you're talking about.And I'm not sure that's a strong enough storyline to be made into a movie. :/

        Loading editor
    • And we musn't forget it's copyrighted by Disney :/

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message