|This needs a stretch. (Feel free to remove when satisfied of completion.)|
Shaggy, Fred, Velma, and Daphne have been set up by evil dopplegangers, leaving it up to Scooby-Doo to solve the case by himself.
Insert details here.
- Evil gang (single appearance)(ex-employees's disguises)
- Ex-employees of the Coolsville Wax Museum (single appearance)(miscellaneous speaking)
- Beach goers (single appearance)(no lines)
- Police officers (single appearance)(miscellaneous speaking)
- Pamela's Clothing & Apparel customers (single appearance)(no lines)
- Mother (single appearance)
- Daughter (single appearance)(no lines)
- Police cars
- Ex-employees' car
|Ex-employees of the Coolsville Wax Museum as the evil dopplegangers of Shaggy, Fred, Velma, and Daphne||They hated how the gang had been turned into celebrities, believing it had robbed the town of its identity.|
- Fred, Daphne, Velma, and Shaggy dress up as monsters from their past mysteries:
- Velma as the Tiki Witch Doctor.
- Daphne as the Snow Ghost.
- Shaggy as the Creeper.
- Fred as the Miner Forty-Niner.
- It should also be noted that when the gang first enters the Coolsville Wax Museum, the Ghost of Redbeard also appears as a wax figure in the top left corner. The Ghost of Captain Cutler also clearly appears next to a cowboy costume.
- The gang have been replaced by evil duplicates several times before in comics.
- The Mystery Machine is absent.
- This incarnation of the Miner Forty-Miner seems to be a combination of the original Miner and the one from Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed, as this one carried a mining pick.
- None known.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or oddities
- The solicitation, followed by the opening of this story, suggests that the local setting of Coolsville for the past decade has been replaced by Crystal Cove (a reference to the Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated TV series), yet a few pages later it seems to shift back to Coolsville.
- Apparently the ex-employees didn't have a problem with Scooby-Doo.
- Multiple times throughout the comic, the ink stains on the imposters' costumes disappear.