A long-running theme of having the various incarnations of Velma Dinkley losing her glasses. Velma is severely nearsighted, rendering her nearly blind without her glasses.
Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!
- Main article(s): Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!
- What a Night for a Knight: Velma mistakes the Black Knight for Shaggy Rogers, and gives the latter cough syrup to help his voice.
- Decoy for a Dognapper: Bats took off Velma's glasses in the Indian village.
- Foul Play in Funland: Happens when she and Scooby take a ride in a runaway electric cart.
- A Gaggle of Galloping Ghosts: She goes through a secret door behind the fireplace while looking for them.
- Jeepers, It's the Creeper: Happens when the gang encounter the Creeper.
The New Scooby-Doo Movies
- Main article(s): The New Scooby-Doo Movies
- The Dynamic Scooby-Doo Affair: She was hit by the clown and accidentally turns on toy car while looking for her glasses.
The Scooby-Doo Show
Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo (first series)
- Main article(s): Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo (first series)
A Pup Named Scooby-Doo
- Main article(s): A Pup Named Scooby-Doo
|A Bicycle Built for Boo!||Furgeson Estate, she "skids out of control" and is saved by Scooby from many dangerous obstacles.|
What's New, Scooby-Doo?
- Main article(s): What's New, Scooby-Doo?
- It's Mean, It's Green, It's the Mystery Machine: While riding a scooter, her glasses fall off leading her to get down and search for them causing her to almost get hit by the possessed mystery machine.
- She Sees Sea Monsters by the Sea Shore: While underwater, a sea turtle knocks off Velma's prescription goggles off. She asks Scooby to help her look. At this point Motoshondu hovers in front of Velma Shaggy, Scooby, and Velma, as Scooby nervously passes them to her. Velma puts them back on, looking the sea serpent right in the face.
- The Vampire Strikes Back: While attempting to catch the vampire, Shaggy and Scooby plow into her trying to catch a bat they believe is Fred.
Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
- Main article(s): Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
- All Fear the Freak: The Freak bumps into her knocking her glasses off to get the piece of the planispheric disk.
- Art of Darkness!: Randy Warsaw destroys them while making her into his new muse. However, Velma doesn't seem to mind and later even says that she should take them off more often because she looks hot blurry. This is also the longest period of time she has had them off.
- Theater of Doom: While researching Friar Serra she trips and loses them, meeting face to face with his mummy upon finding them.
- Bravo Dooby-Doo: A spoof of this occurs, after Shaggy and Scooby accidentally knock Velma and Johnny Bravo over. As expected, Velma is crawling on the ground looking for her glasses saying "My glasses! I can't see without my glasses!" But Johnny Bravo is also doing the same, shielding his eyes with his hand and saying "My glasses! I can't be seen without my glasses!" as he tries to find his sunglasses. They both pick up each other's glasses and put them on. "Jinkies! Everything's dark! I've gone blind!" Velma cries out among noticing how dark it is wearing the sunglasses. So Johnny switches their glasses, and as Velma smiles at him, he firmly tells her "I'm only gonna say this once. Don't touch the glasses!"
- Scooby-Doo! Haunted Holidays: While searching for clues Shaggy and Scooby run into her knocking her glasses. After retrieving them she says "I wish I couldn't see" at the sight of the monster snowman.
- Double Trouble: Velma tries this trick on her evil double, failing because the double's glasses are only for disguise purposes.
- Caves Of Castle Finn: Velma has to grope for her glasses while a hairy monster is running around.
- Who's Who In Scooby-Doo: This story also features running twice past the same background.
- Oh No, Not Again! uses the phrase "I can't find my glasses" by Velma as a punchline: the lost glasses are drinking glasses.
- I've Lost My Glasses: The gag is highlighted in a short puzzle story.
- A Wolf In Creep's Clothing: In a question and answer session at a convention, Velma is asked why she doesn't get contact lenses and solve the problem. She looks annoyed.
- Night Of The Jinkies: She loses her glasses and gropes for them right before seeing the Jinkies.
- The Blind Leading The Blind: A short maze puzzle with a twist ending.
- Family Monster: Velma loses her glasses when she fails to unmask the Frankenstein Monster of Castle Von Dinkley, and this causes her to stumble into a secret laboratory where she finds a clue. This story has one blurred panel depicting things from Velma's point-of-view.