|This needs a stretch.|
Needed: Synopsis: The real ending of the episode is missing.
While driving through a terrible snow storm and low on gas, the gang come to the small town of Winterhaven, which seems to be deserted.
Shaggy, Scooby, Daphne, Velma and Fred are ready for a skiing adventure, driving through a terrible snowstorm in the Mystery Machine. Low on gas, they stop in a small town named Winterhaven. They explore and find the town deserted and all of the shops are out of business, as well as the gas station. They knock on the doors of a ski lodge and meet Mayor Dudley. He explains the town is deserted because of a ghost called the 10,000 Volt Ghost that has been scaring the residents. He tells a haunting tale, a while back, when the town was thriving and popular, but a snowstorm occurred and the power line snapped loose. Voltner, an electrician climbed the tower to repair the power line and a small explosion occurred. Voltner's body was never found.
The gang goes to the power plant to search for the ghost. The bars on the gate have been melted through, as if by extreme heat. They bump into the owner of the plant, Mr. Collins. He claims he is only one that didn't leave the town because of the ghost. The gang splits up to look for clues. Shaggy and Scooby try to cook some hamburgers, but run into the 10,000 Volt ghost, who appears to be a large body of electricity. He chases Scooby and Shaggy back to where Fred and and the girls are, and the 10,000 Volt Ghost appears again and chases everyone. After they lose him, the find a clue. Sunflower seeds. Daphne notes she saw a pet shop on the way in. The gang splits up again, Velma, Shaggy and Scooby head to the pet shop. The threesome find a rubber suit and an underground tunnel leading from the pet shop to the power plant. Daphne and Fred go to Voltner's house which seems deserted. Daphne and Fred find a scrap of paper that reads: whereas running southwesterly 27 28 43 44 45. It means nothing at the moment, but Daphne and Fred are determined to find out.
The gang heads to the library to find records on the numbers on the scrap of paper: 27 28 43 44 45. Velma gets the record book, but before they can look at the book, the 10,000 Volt Ghost pops up and chases the gang, trying to get the book. Shaggy and Scooby hide in a row of filing cabinets and finally make their way back to the gang. Fred sets up a trap in the power plant and it succeeds, catching the 10,000 Volt Ghost with an electric magnet.
The 10,000 Volt Ghost is unmasked as Voltner, who never disappeared. He wore an insulated rubber suit to protect him from the electricity and he attached a battery pack to the suit. Voltner was also acting under Mayor Dudley's commands. Mayor Dudley wanted to exploit the land for more than what it was worth so he got Voltner to act as the ghost. The records book proved the mayor bought parcels 27 through 45 (just like in the latter) but a freeway was running through, so the land would be worth a fortune. So Voltner and the mayor conjured up the phony disappearing act. The pet shop was their hideout and the tunnel was used to sneak into the power plant and black out the town, causing people to believe it was the 10,000 Volt Ghost causing the trouble. Unfortunately, the bird seeds from the pet shop stuck to Mayor Dudley's shoes and gave the whole plan away. The crooked mayor and Voltner are apprehended and presumably taken into custody.
- Mr. Collins (single appearance)(main story and flashback)
- 10,000 Volt Ghost (single appearance)(main story and flashback)(Mr. Voltner's disguise)
- Mr. Voltner (single appearance)(no lines)(main story and flashback)
- Mayor Dudley (single appearance)(main story and flashback)
|Mayor Dudley||He told the gang about the story of the 10,000 Volt Ghost.|
|Mr. Collins||He was not frightened by the ghost.|
|Mr. Voltner||It was believed his ghost had returned to plague the town of Winter Haven for revenge.|
| Mayor Dudley|
Mr. Voltner as the 10,000 Volt Ghost
|Mayor Dudley bought several parcels of land, and when a freeway ran through it, he knew the property would be worth a fortune. He made up the 10,000 Volt Ghost to scare everyone off.|
|Casey Kasem|| Shaggy Rogers|
|Frank Welker||Fred Jones|
|Heather North||Daphne Blake|
|Pat Stevens||Velma Dinkley|
|John Stephenson|| Mayor Dudley|
10,000 Volt Ghost
|Alan Oppenheimer||Mr. Collins|
The following credits reflect closely as possible to how they are seen on-screen.
- Executive Producers: Joseph Barbera and William Hanna
- Director: Charles A. Nichols
- Creative Producer: Iwao Takamoto
- Associate Producer: Alex Lovy
- Storyboard Direction: Jan Green, Cullen Houghtaling, Don Sheppard, Paul Sommer
- Recording Director: Alex Lovy
- Story Editor: Ray Parker
- Story: Larz Bourne, Haskell Barkin, Dick Conway, Tom Dagenais, Willie Gilbert, Tony DiMarco, Duane Poole, Dave Ketchum, Norman Maurer, Dick Robbins, Dalton Sandifer
- Voices: Bob Holt, Allan Melvin, Casey Kasem, Don Messick, Pat Stevens, Janet Waldo, Mickey Dolenz, Linda Hutson, Virginia Gregg, Hettie Lynn Hurtes, Shirley Mitchell, Heather North, Alan Oppenheimer, John Stephenson, Lennie Weinrib, Frank Welker
- Production Design: Bob Singer
- Character Design: Alex Toth
- Production Supervisor: Victor O. Schipek
- Graphics: Iraj Paran
- Musical Director: Hoyt Curtin
- Musical Direction: Paul DeKorte
- Layout: Mike Arens, Hak Ficq, Jack Huber, Ray Jacobs, Tony Rivera, Jim Mueller, Tony Sgroi, Terry Slade, Owen Fitzgerald, C.L. Hartman, Alex Ignatiev, Ziggy Jablecki, Homer Jonas, Warren Marshall, Steve Nakagawa, Bob Singer, Linda Rowley, Adam Szwejkowski, Wendell Washer, Al Wilson, George Wheeler
- Unit Director: Bill Keil
- Animation: Ed Barge, Bob Goe, Bill Hutten, Tony Love, O.E. Callahan, Lars Calonius, Rudy Cataldi, Steve Clark, Hugh Fraser, Bob Hathcock, Jerry Hathcock, Volus Jones, Ken Muse, Rod Parkes, Veve Risto, Jay Sarbry, Xenia, Margaret Nichols, Don Patterson, Morey Reden, Ed Soloman, Ken Southworth, Dave Tendlar, Dick Thompson, Carlo Vinci, Russ Von Neida
- Backgrounds: Fernando Arce, Dennis Durrell, Al Gmuer, Richard Khim, Fernando Montealegre, Marilyn Shimokocki, Dennis Venizelos
- Technical Supervisor: Frank Paiker
- Checking and Scene Planning: Evelyn Sherwood
- Ink and Paint Supervisor: Billie Kerns
- Xerography: Star Wirth
- Sound Direction: Richard Olson, Bill Getty
- Supervising Film Editors: Chip Yaras
- Music Editors: Larry Cowan, Pat Foley, Joe Sandusky
- Effects Editors: Richard Allen, Tom Gleason, Terry Moore
- Negative Consultant: William E. DeBoer
- Post Production Supervisor: Joed Eaton
- Camera: George Epperson, Curt Hall, Ron Jackson, Norman Stainback, Roy Wade
- Production Manager: Jayne Barbera
- A Hanna-Barbera Production
- © 1976 Hanna-Barbera Productions, Inc.
- RCA Sound Recording
- Hanna-Barbera Productions, Inc.
- On Amazon, iTunes, and VUDU, this episode is titled, "Whatta Shocking Ghost".
- This episode includes a rare instance of Scooby and Shaggy not being the bait for Fred's trap. Velma and Daphne are the bait instead.
- The sled Shaggy and Scooby used in Fred's trap which he used to get the ghost was actually a toboggan.
- When interrogating the parrot, Scooby wears a long overcoat and imitates the famous television detective Lt. Columbo (even using a variation of Columbo's signature phrase "Just one more thing...").
- In the theatrical live-action film, Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed, the costume had been put on display at the Coolsonian Criminology Museum. It had then been brought to life, along with other old costumes, by the Evil Masked Figure, to defame and ostracize Mystery Inc. out of Coolsville.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- Fred's sleeve is colored brown when he announces that it's time to trap the ghost.
In other languages
|French||Le Spectre branché|| The Connected Specter|
The Plugged In Specter
- The Scooby-Doo!/Dynomutt Hour: The Complete Series DVD set released by Warner Home Video on March 7, 2006.
- Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: Holiday Chills and Thrills DVD set released by Warner Home Video on October 16, 2012.
- Buy from Amazon (US)
- Buy from Amazon (UK)
- Buy from iTunes (US)
- Buy from iTunes (CA)
- Buy from iTunes (UK)
- Buy from VUDU
|Previous episode:||Series:||Next episode:|
|The Gruesome Game of the Gator Ghoul|| The Scooby-Doo Show|
|The Headless Horseman of Halloween|