- This article is about the episode. For the place, see Waxworld.
Waxworld is the first part of the seventh episode of the first season of The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show.
They guys enter a wax museum in search of their missing coin, and find a wax master who wants to turn them into his newest exhibit.
Shaggy, Scooby and Scrappy are eating London fish & chips at a sidewalk vendor. When Shaggy tries to pay, the coin drops and rolls away into a cellar window. Scrappy follows it, and Shaggy and Scooby go after him. Unable to get into the cellar, Shaggy uses Scooby's tail to climb into an upper window. Inside, they find Scrappy. They are in a wax museum containing wax figures of various monsters. What looks like one figure is actually the Wax Master, who now wants to add the gang to his wax collection.
He chases them, and they hide, disguising as various wax figures, but Scrappy repeatedly gives them away. Hiding in a case, Scooby is forced into the shape of a guitar. Shaggy tells Scrappy to keep quiet, but he gets three more words: "THERE HE IS!".
They try to escape on a conveyor belt. A mechanical arm paints a goatee on Scooby and a moustache on Shaggy. As Scrappy asks where his is, the arm swipes him up. The wax master teases that all of his "exhibits" are painted, causing Shaggy and Scooby to try and run away while still on the conveyor belt. As Scrappy says his uncle has all the fun, he frees himself, knocking into the two and sending them onto a rope. They wind up dangling above a vat of hot wax with the waxmaster about to cut the rope.
Scrappy pulls his bow tie, causing him to lose his footing and fall in, and then double dunks him for good measure, to give them time to escape. Before they leave, Scrappy pulls out of the vat a wax figure of his Uncle Scooby. But it doesn't hold a candle to the real thing!
- Wax master (single appearance)
- Fish and chips vendor (single appearance)(no lines)
- Wax dummies
|Don Messick|| Scooby-Doo|
|Casey Kasem||Shaggy Rogers|
- Two of the models resembles Mummy of Ankha and Zombie from the Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! episodes, Scooby Doo and a Mummy, Too and Which Witch is Which?. There was also another model of the latter with a brown wig.
- The plot seems to parody the old horror movie House of Wax, with the wax master in the Vincent Price role of Professor Jarrod.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- Scooby and Scrappy's dogtags should have their initials stylised in teal, but are prone to have the following mistakes (including being completely covered in teal or just empty):
- After Scooby (and Shaggy) was recovering after thinking he landed into the arms of a real monster, his dogtag just has it filled in with teal and his initials are scribbled in. This also happens when he leaves the guitar case.
- When Scrappy popped out of the backpack of Scooby's Indian disguise, his dogtag was empty.
- Scrappy's dogtag was also empty when he jumped into the hands of the wax master after hiding in the violin case.
- When the guys first jump onto the conveyor belt, Scrappy's dogtag is empty.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- There wasn't any need to have Scooby cover Shaggy's face, other than to get a laugh out of it which wasn't entirely necessary.
- Despite his appearance, it's unknown if the wax master is a vampire. If he was then it would be an explaination as to how he could've survived being turned into a wax model, although perhaps this wouldn't explain how he was unharmed. Both reasons could be due to the nature of the show. The fact that the guys still have to avoid it is the dilemma of the episode, and the villain surviving is more likely for humour.
In other languages
|Greek||Κέρινος Κόσμος||Wax World|
- The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show: Volume One DVD set released by Warner Home Video on May 20, 2008.
- Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: For the Love of Snack DVD set released by Warner Home Video January 7, 2014.