Way Out Scooby is the first part of the tenth episode of the first season of The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show.
While visiting the space center, the guys wander aboard a space ship set to launch to Mars, and discover they are not the only ones on board, a six-billion-dollar robot is also aboard and when scientists spot the guys on the camera, they demand no harm come to it.
Visiting a space flight center, Scooby, Shaggy and Scrappy wander aboard a rocket on a Mars mission, and are trapped inside as the ship launches. As the scientists on Earth discuss what would happen to people on this flight, the gang is flattened by gravity, floats around in the weightlessness of space, and are bounced around like pinballs by a meteor shower.
They land on Mars, and Scrappy bounces around, comparing the lower gravity to a trampoline. The scientists (still unaware of the intruders) deploy a robot, which begins collecting Martian soil. Shaggy and Scooby see it, thinking it was a Martian. It then stuffs Scooby into a sample bottle. Meanwhile, Scrappy is planting a canine flag (with a bone on it). The bottle lands near him, immediately thinking it is a Martian. Upon closer inspection, he notes how it looks like and sounds like his uncle; he opens the bottle to reveal it is his Uncle Scooby! The robot is now chasing Shaggy. Scrappy jumps on top of it, banging its head.
The scientists sense something wrong, and activate the ship's camera. At first, to their astonishment, they see Scooby's eye, and then Shaggy and Scooby together, waving, looking like a two headed, four armed Martian. They soon realize they are stowaways, and order them back aboard the ship, threatening them if they've harmed the robot. By now, Scrappy has converted the $6 billion piece of equipment into a surface roving vehicle. Upon arrival back on Earth, Scrappy has fixed the robot back "as good as new", except that it now shouts "robot power" and chases the scientists.
- Robot (single appearance)
- Technician 1 (single appearance)
- Technician 2 (single appearance)
- Technician 3 (single appearance)
- Mars explorer rocket
|Don Messick|| Scooby-Doo|
|Casey Kasem||Shaggy Rogers|
- Presumably the space center is in Houston.
- The Mystery Machine does not appear.
- The camera's close-up on Scooby's eye reveals it to be brown, but it's unknown if that is considered canon.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- When the technician walks away after preparing the robot, the badge on his jumpsuit disappears.
- As Scrappy is jumping up and down on the elevator to board the shuttle, his dogtag flashes from gold to teal.
- As the shuttle flies through the meteor shower, the stars on the American flag disappear and reappear.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- Apparently the space center provides do-it-yourself tours, with no security guards on watch.
- In the end, Scooby simply walks away from the buckets stuck on his feet as if he was standing behind them, instead of actually having to take them off properly.
- Due to being a straight forward comedy with even less attachment to reality, Scooby, Scrappy and Shaggy don't need proper gear for the journey from Earth to Mars or to able to roam freely and breathe on the latter either.
- While on Mars, the module's label, "M 1", is hyphenated.
In other languages
|Greek||Έξοδος Σκούμπι||Scooby Goes Out|
- Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: Ruh-Roh Robot! DVD set released by Warner Home Video on September 24, 2013.