|This needs a stretch.|
When Gomez and Morticia want to go away, the group get tricked into being house sitters in the Addams Family house. But when Wednesday turns up missing, there is another mystery to solve.
Insert details here.
- Mystery Inc.
- The Addams Family (single appearance)
- Gomez Addams (single appearance)
- Morticia Addams (single appearance)
- Grandmama (single appearance)
- Lurch (single appearance)
- Pugsley Addams (single appearance)
- Uncle Fester (single appearance)
- Wednesday Addams (single appearance)
- Cousin Itt (single appearance)(no lines)
- Thing (single appearance)(no lines)
Monsters and other villains:
- Giant Vulture (single appearance)(no lines)(disguise)/
- Housekeeping couple (single appearance)(redeemed)
Food and drinks:
|The housekeeping couple operating the Giant Vulture helicopter||They thought that the Addams family were frightening to the neighborhood children.|
- This episode marked the first animated appearance of the Addams Family; it could be considered a backdoor pilot, or at least indirectly, for Hanna-Barbera's The Addams Family animated series that premiered on September 8, 1973. Previously, a live-action sitcom aired on CBS from 1964 to 1966, four of the sitcom's cast members: John Astin (Gomez), Carolyn Jones (Morticia), Jackie Coogan (Uncle Fester), and Ted Cassidy (Lurch) provided the voices for their characters.
- Fred states that he's seen the Addams Family on T.V. lots of times; this is probably a reference to the live-action sitcom.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- In the beginning, when the Mystery Machine is driving through the fog, from the inside where Shaggy and Scooby sit, there is three open windows along the side of the van, although it wasn't there before or after. Actually, the Mystery Machine has no side windows, just two in the front.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- At dinner when the Giant Vulture makes its appearance, the candles go out and then the Thing fires up the candles. But in the next shot, the candles are again blown out.
- The Giant Vulture is revealed to be a helicopter, but it does not move like one, rather it moves like a jet plane.
- At the end, magnets are the explanation for the magic carpet, the levitating chair, and the suit of armor, but Daphne refers to the suit of armor as "the mummy". There was no mummy in the episode, and the suit of armor was encountered by Velma, Shaggy and Scooby, though they could've told Fred and Daphne later on.
- Scooby Doo Meets the Addams Family VHS released by Worldvision Home Video.
- When preparing a complete DVD set of The New Scooby-Doo Movies, Warner Home Video was unable to include Wednesday is Missing due to licensing issues. This is inspite of the fact that Warner Archive was able to release the entire original cartoon series.
Male housekeeper: Yes. We wanted to frighten the Addams Family out of the area.
|Previous episode:||Series:||Next episode:|
|The Dynamic Scooby-Doo Affair|| The New Scooby-Doo Movies|
|The Frickert Fracas|