|Needs a stretch!|
This article needs more details, such as a synopsis. Remove this tag when the article has been properly expanded.
|Wednesday is Missing|
|The New Scooby-Doo Movies|
|Airdate||September 23, 1972|
|Directed By|| William Hanna
|Previous Episode||The Dynamic Scooby-Doo Affair|
|Next Episode||The Frickert Fracas|
When Gomez and Morticia want to go away, the group gets tricked into being house sitters in the Addams Family house. But when Wednesday turns up missing, there is another mystery to solve
Insert details here.
Cast and characters
- The Addams Family
- Giant Vulture/housekeeping couple (redeemed)
|The Housekeeping couple operating the Giant Vulture helicopter||They thought that the Addams family were frightening to the neighborhood children.|
- This episode marked the first animated appearance of the Addams Family; it is also considered the pilot for the Addams Family animated series that premiered on September 8, 1973. Previously, a live-action sitcom aired on CBS from 1964 to 1966. Four of the sitcom's cast members: John Astin (Gomez), Carolyn Jones (Morticia), Jackie Coogan (Uncle Fester), and Ted Cassidy (Lurch) provided the voices for their characters. After the episode aired, fans wanted more animated adventures featuring the Addamses, and Hanna-Barbera responded in kind.
- Fred states that he's seen the Addams Family on T.V. lots of times; this is probably a reference to the live-action sitcom.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- In one scene Fred has no nose.
- In the beginning, when the Mystery Machine is driving through the fog, from the inside where Shaggy and Scooby sit, there is three open windows along the side of the van, although it wasn't there before or after. Actually, the Mystery Machine has no side windows, just two in the front.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- At dinner when the Giant Vulture makes its appearance, the candles go out and then the Thing fires up the candles. But in the next shot the candles are again blown out.
- The Giant Vulture is revealed to be a helicopter but it does not move like a helicopter rather it moves like a jet plane.
- At the end, magnets are the explanation for the magic carpet, the levitating chair, and the suit of armor but Daphne refers to the suit of armor as "the mummy". There was no mummy in the episode, and the suit of armor was encountered by Velma, Shaggy and Scooby (though they could've told Fred and Daphne later on).
- Since The Addams Family characters are owned by another company, licensing issues prohibits Warner Home Video from releasing this onto DVD.
"I think we took the wrong turn."