Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
What Became of Honest Jawn? is the third of four stories of Scooby Doo... Where Are You! #9, by Charlton Comics. It was preceeded by What Witch is Which? and The Hitch-Hiker, and followed by The Ghost of Christmas Present.
The gang help save a town from a corrupt mayor.
The gang are looking at statue, and ask a man who it is. He says that it is Honest Jawn Jones, a former mayor, and that he is J. Grabbit Loot, the current mayor. They ask him where to say for the night, and he directs them to the Hotel Royale, which he owns. They are forced to pay too much money to spend the night, because it is the only one in town. They go out to eat, and are are forced to pay too much money again, because the mayor owns the restaurant, and it's the only one. They walk to the statue and wish that Honest Jawn was alive. His ghost then hops down and tells them that he wants to help. He brings them to a bank, and gives them the mayor's safety deposit boxes, which has stolen money and evidence. The mayor sees them, and chases them. Honest Jawn trips him with a cane, just as District Attorney Jones arrives (who's the spitting image of his great grandfather, Honest Jawn). The next day, the mayor is indicted for a dozen crimes. The gang leaves town with a smiling Honest Jawn statue looking on.
- Honest Jawn Jones (single appearance)(ghost)
- J. Grabbit Loot (single appearance)
- Desk clerk (single appearance)
- Waitress (single appearance)
- Cook (single appearance)
- District Attorney Jones (single appearance)
- Shooter 1 (single appearance)(no lines)
- Shooter 2 (single appearance)(no lines)
- Mugger (single appearance)(no lines)
- Victim (single appearance)(no lines)
- Honest Jawn statue
- Mayor Loot's cigar
- Fred's dollar notes
- Fred's wallet
- Mayor Loot's safety deposit boxes
- Honest Jawn's cane
|Mayor J. Grabbit Loot||Extort the town of its money.|
- The ghost and district attorney have the same last name as Fred, but they are not related.
- Fred's ascot is black in this story, instead of orange.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs oddities
- None known.