|This needs a stretch. (Feel to remove when satisfied of completion.)|
The gang pits their wits against one of four false-faced hoodlums.
Insert details here.
- Cloaked Creature of the Catskills (single appearance)(no lines)(Alfred Bunsen's disguise)
- Alfred Bunsen (only time mentioned)
- Skeleton of San Clemente (single appearance)(picture)(Douglas Groff's disguise)
- Douglas Groff (only time mentioned)
- Cyclops of Lockout Point (single appearance)(picture)(Martin Arlt's disguise)
- Martin Arlt (only time mentioned)
- Yodeling Monster of Crooked Canyon (single appearance)(picture)(Jimmy Lark's disguise)
- Jimmy Lark (only time mentioned)
In "What is What is What" John Rozum challenges Mystery Inc. with an undemanding puzzle that pits the Gang against one of four false faced hoodlums. This mystery will be especially enjoyable for little kids, but it still provides enjoyment to all ages as we watch Rozum put Mystery Inc. through investigative paces as well as lay out a trap that actually works.
Artist Paul Pope in this story comes up with three real winning costume designs for the crooks, and the way in which the witnesses describe them demands surprising artistic attentiveness. I also appreciated the gender diversity in the state police who arrive to collect the last of the escapees.