- This article is about the episode. For the Classic Scooby-Doo VHS subtitled with the same name, see Classic Scooby-Doo: Which Witch is Which?.
After coming home from a fishing trip, the gang run into a witch and a zombie who have been haunting the swamp and scaring everyone off.
Fred, Daphne, Velma, Shaggy and Scooby are returning from a failed fishing trip and take a shortcut through a dark, creepy swamp. They pull over to a man on the side of the road to ask for directions, but it appears the man is a zombie!
The gang speed away and find a house. Inside, is a man named Zeke who tells them that the zombie was conjured up by a witch that is supposed to live in the swamp with her magical powers. Shaggy and Scooby head to another local's house, the house of Zeb Perkins, to try to find clues. (Fred, Daphne and Velma stay to fix the mess Scooby made after a run-in with some jumping beans). They find a voodoo doll of Zeb in his bed and fearing the worst, they hurry back and tell the others.
They get in a boat and follow the witch and the zombie on another boat through the swamp until they reach the witch's shack. They enter and find voodoo dolls for the whole gang! Then, the witch arrives and warns them to leave and then with a poof of smoke, Daphne vanishes! But soon after, they realize she just fell through a trapdoor.
The rest of the gang follow footprints to a large river boat anchored at the shore. Resting on the shore is the witch and zombie's boat and they have been using a steel-tipped pole to move through the water. Why?
They enter the riverboat and they split up, leading Shaggy and Scooby to find the zombie, who chases them into the old saloon; Shaggy and Scooby manage to escape.
Velma and Fred find a secret room, with a winch, some power tools, and a sheet covered bundle inside. Thinking it's a ghost they pull off the sheet and find a bound and gagged Daphne, who they quickly free. The witch appears and chases the three down a coal chute.
Scooby and Shaggy encounter the witch and the zombie, trapping them and forcing them to jump off the side of the boat until they crash through the deck of the bottom floor into the room where Velma, Fred and Daphne are.
They find a motorboat and speed away. The witch appears and flies towards the gang, but it is just a rubber balloon. That's what made the "witch" fly. As they are driving, the throttle gets stuck and they can't stop. Scooby anchors the boat, but the anchor lifts up a robbed armored truck that had been sunk in the swamp. The mystery is starting to piece together.
They devise a trap to capture the witch and zombie. Shaggy and Scooby dress up in money sacks and then lure the witch and zombie to a tripwire and they promptly fall into a rolling cart and into the armored truck where Velma and Daphne close the doors. It starts to work but Scooby falls into the trap as well. They manage to hook him with a fishing rod and pull him out, just as the witch and zombie roll into the truck.
The zombie and witch are unmasked as Zeke and Zeb. They robbed an armored truck and sunk it in the swamp years before. Now, they couldn't remember where they sunk it, so they searched the swamps with that iron-tipped pole and dressed up as the witch and zombie to scare intruders away so that they could look for it.
Mystery Inc. go back on the road, and Scooby goes back to fishing in his bucket of water (with bait attached to his tail, instead of a proper fishing line). Fred tells him to give up, but low and behold, he pulls out a fish! The rest of the gang cheer and laugh at his achievement.
- Sheriff (single appearance)
- Witch (single appearance)(disguise)/
- Zeb Perkins (single appearance)(no lines)
- Zombie (single appearance)(no lines)(disguise)/
- Zeke (single appearance)
- Chipmunk (single appearance)(no lines)
- Crocodile (single appearance)(no lines)
- Metal-tipped pole
- Jelly beans
- Jumping beans
- Scooby Snack
- Scooby's bucket
- Zombie's lantern
- Zeb and Zeke's frog hunting tools
- Witch's rattle
- Tin can which fell on Scooby's head
- Zeb Perkins's mailbox
- Cobweb on the plate
- Shaggy's coin
- Voodoo doll of Zeb
- Voodoo doll of Fred
- Voodoo doll of Daphne
- Voodoo doll of Velma
- Voodoo doll of Shaggy
- Needles in the voodoo dolls
- Witch's stick
- Deck box
- Zombie's shoes
- Poker cards
- Money on the poker table
- Sheet over Daphne
- Power tools
- Cutting torch
- The witch's broom
- Purple sheet
- Witch's balloon head
- Throttle on the airboat
- Bags of money
- Shaggy's fishing rod
- Small smoke ball
| Zeke as the Zombie|
Zeb as the Witch
|They hijacked an armored car that had a lot of money and sunk it in the swamp years back. They used the witch and zombie disguises to keep people away from the swamp to find it.|
|Don Messick|| Scooby-Doo|
|Casey Kasem||Shaggy Rogers|
|Frank Welker||Fred Jones|
|Stefanianna Christopherson||Daphne Blake|
|Nicole Jaffe||Velma Dinkley|
|Jean Vander Pyl||Witch|
|John Stephenson|| Sheriff|
The following credits are how they are seen on-screen (or as close as possible).
- Produced and Directed by: Joseph Barbera and William Hanna
- Associate Producer: Lew Marshall
- Story: Ken Spears, Joe Ruby, Bill Lutz
- Story Direction: Howard Swift
- Voices: Nicole Jaffe, Hal Smith, Casey Kasem, John Stephenson, Don Messick, Jean Vander Pyl, Vic Perrin, Frank Welker, Stefanianna Christopherson
- Animation Director: Charles A. Nichols
- Production Design: Iwao Takamoto
- Production Supervisor: Victor O. Schipek
- Layout: Bob Singer, Alvaro Arce, Paul Gruwell, Mike Arens, Alex Ignatiev, Ric Gonzales, Bill Lignante
- Animation: Bill Keil, George Rowley, Oliver E. Callahan, Ed Love, Rudy Cataldi, Bill Nunes, Zdenko Gasparovic, Joan Orbison, Bob Goe, Jay Sarbry, Hicks Lokey, Ken Southworth, Lloyd Vaughan
- Background Styling: Walt Peregoy
- Backgrounds: Ron Dias, Gary Niblett, Daniela Bielecka, Rolly Oliva
- Title Design: Bill Perez
- Titles: Robert Schaefer
- Musical Director: Ted Nichols
- Technical Supervisor: Frank Paiker
- Ink and Paint Supervisor: Roberta Greutert
- Xerography: Robert "Tiger" West
- Sound Direction: Richard Olson
- Film Editing: Gregory V. Watson, Jr., Ted Baker, Chip Yaras
- Camera: Dick Blundell, Bill Kotler, George Epperson, Cliff Shirpser, Charles Flekal, Roy Wade
- A Hanna-Barbera Production
- © 1969 Hanna-Barbera Productions, Inc.
- a hanna-barbera production
- A Taft Broadcasting Company
- The series is prone to use a new sheriff every time one is needed, but the one in this episode could very well be the same one in What a Night for a Knight. A note on his model sheet does indicate as much.
- The Zombie disguise is later used for the Mamba Zombie in the The Scooby-Doo Show episode, Mamba Wamba and the Voodoo Hoodoo.
- This Zombie from this episode inspired a minifigure in LEGO's Scooby-Doo line that was included in the Mystery Machine set. The set also includes as tree monster that could approximate the Dryad.
- Disguises: Scooby and Shaggy as riverboat gamblers, Shaggy (and Scooby) as a witch decoy.
- Scooby Snacks bribe: 1.
- "Zoinks" count: 4.
- Gold Key Comics adapted this episode (along with That's Snow Ghost) for Scooby Doo... Where Are You! #5. It was renamed The Swamp Witch.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- The background seen through the Mystery Machine windows doesn't move, even when the van does.
- When Shaggy asks for directions from the Zombie (before the former realises), he's the only one in the van.
- When Scooby points out that he ate from the jumping beans pot, both that pot and the jelly beans pot look like unmarked flower pots.
- Shaggy's head sticks out the top of the other side of the Mystery Machine, when they are driving again, and discussing the voodoo doll of Zeb.
- At first, the front door of Zeb's cabin is hanging open; it's closed when Shaggy gets there.
- When Scooby is holding the voodoo doll of Shaggy, his paw is the same color as Shaggy's shirt.
- When Velma explains to Shaggy that the shrunken Zeb was actually a voodoo doll that looks like him, the doll is wearing a fedora, but when Shaggy and Scooby first found it, it was wearing a blue cap.
- When Scooby drops the anchor from the boat onto the armored truck, his collar is gold.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- The door on the closet Shaggy and Scooby hide in opens first one way, then the opposite way.
- Since Zeke and Zeb would be in hiding from the law, it's unknown if Zeke became the owner of the general store in that time, or simply occupied it once the all the townspeople were scared away. Although, the fact that Zeb had a mailbox with his name on it, would suggest the former.
- The gang realize that Daphne fell through a trapdoor by the slide marks behind her footprints. When they go below and test the trapdoor the slide marks are perpendicular to the side on which the door opens. Also, in the wide shot when she first disappears, there is no rug visible, and she appears to be stood on the same wooden floor as the others.
- In the chase that transpires after Velma and Fred discover Daphne and the villains' stash of tools, the balloon witch's mouth appears to move during her cackle. Both the mouth movements and the laugh are never explained, but it is possible that either Zeke or Zeb implemented a tape recorder and/or a mechanical piston into the false witch to result in either of these occurrences.
- Although the throttle is stuck, the propeller stops when the anchor snags the sunken armored car.
- Velma refers to Zeke as being the one who was the witch when it was Zeb who was actually wearing the costume.
In other languages
|Spanish (Latin America)||Como pescar un Bruja||How to Fish a Witch|
|Greek||Ποιά Μάγισσα είναι Ποιά;||Which Witch is Which?|
|Hungarian||Boszorka a horgon||Witch on the hook|
- Classic Scooby-Doo: Which Witch is Which? VHS released by Turner Home Entertainment on August 6, 1996.
- Scooby-Doo's Spookiest Tales DVD set released by Warner Home Video on August 21, 2001.
- Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!: The Complete 1st and 2nd Seasons DVD set released by Warner Home Video on March 16, 2004.
- Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!: The Complete 1st and 2nd Seasons DVD set released by Warner Home Video on June 20, 2005.
- Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!: Volume 4 - Spooked Bayou DVD released by Warner Home Video on October 19, 2010.
- Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!: The Complete Series (limited edition) DVD set released by Warner Home Video on November 10, 2010.
- Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!: The Complete Series DVD set released by Warner Home Video on November 21, 2011.
- Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!: The Complete Series DVD set released by Warner Home Video on November 13, 2012.
- Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: Run for Your 'Rife! DVD released by Warner Home Video on September 10, 2013. It's listed without the question mark in the title.
- Scooby-Doo! Favorite Frights DVD released as a Walmart exclusive on September 15, 2015.
- Scooby Doo Case File at Toonzone.net
- Buy from iTunes (US)
- Buy from iTunes (CA)
- Buy from iTunes (UK)
- Buy from Vudu
|Previous episode:||Series:||Next episode:|
|Scooby-Doo and a Mummy, Too|| Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!|
|Go Away Ghost Ship|